Honored Contributor

I have noticed on many wealthy women that they are carrying these small handbags.  Here's a picture of the size.

a group of people standing next to a person: Supportive girlfriend: Though she has been spotted attending many of Booker's games she  publicly referred to Booker as 'my boyfriend' for the first time on the KUWTK reunion

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 I believe that is a pochette bag. I bought a LV 25 years ago and added a strap to carry crossbody. I have a tiny wallet and room for tissues, lipstick, phone. I initially bought mine to carry to Las Vegas and not have to worry about a large bag.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 - Ugh!  The baguette look is coming back in style again? Who wants their handbag shoved into their armpit? I don't. Imagine a very hot day when your deodorant fails? 

Respected Contributor

How do you define wealthy?  

Right now minibags are popular everywhere.

I also have little bags that I use for special events such as a garden luncheon, afternoon birthday celebration, etc.  Most of them are of one neutral color.

I find them to be very stylish and in good taste rather than bringing a big bulky bag.

I also have extremely dressy little bags that I use for evening events.  They coordinate with  my outfit--gold, silver, white, black, etc.  Several have sequins.

I call my collection a handbag wardrobe!

Valued Contributor

That is a Louis Vuitton pochette from maybe 10 or 15 years ago.  I have several of these and don't wear them like that, I use a separate crossbody strap.  Another option is to buy a Toiletry 26 and do a hack with an insert and a chain strap to wear crossbody, they are very inexpensive on Amazon or Etsy.  Sadly, so many people were doing that, LV is discontinuing that bag.  I also have mini backpacks to wear crossbody as well, I'm only 5'1" so big bags are a no no for me.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 I am totally out of the loop regarding the doings of wealthy women! (And I'm glad)!

Honored Contributor

Many Dooney bags, including the popular Zip Zip, come in a small size and make nice cross-body bags. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I like the smaller bags that are in style now. Not the itty bitty ones that won't even hold a phone but the ones that are around 8-9 inches by 6 or so. I've never carried a big bag so I'm glad it's easier to find something my size. I hated it when every bag was like a carry on piece of luggage.  I don't like armpit bags though. 

Honored Contributor

This one, in the photo, looks soft (expandable) enough to fit many items.

The 'stiffer' ones, not so much.

As other have said, adding a longer strap would be a good idea.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Cute bag - but I would look absolutely ridiculous!  

Around here (NYC) - small belt bags are "the thing" these days.