Occasional Contributor

Re: Poor Gary! Albany interupted him.

Albany is just too pushy for me,,acts like she knows EVERYTHING!!!!

Honored Contributor

I saw some of it.  I changed the channel because they were mostly long sleeved clothes.  Good grief!  QVC has had as many long sleeved tops lately as they have in the Winter!

OK, so I own (and have for more than a year) that long sleeved button up blouse that has the stars on it.  I own it in the beige color.  I can tell you the material on that is not a light cotton.  It is not quite a denim kind of material.  It's thicker than a regular blouse.  Why do they have that now?

At least the banter was the same old same old (if you get one, why not take advantage and buy two?

OK, so why doesn't someone mention that it is stupid the way they take $5 off of the next same thing.  Why?  Well because it doesn't matter if the second one is the same size, the same color, etc.  doesn't matter at all!!  You still have to pay an additional $3 shipping!

I often order 2 of the same things.  I order them at the same time, the same size but different colors.  I still get charged the additional $3 for shipping even though they'll be in the same freaking package.

Those are QVC rules, but they don't tell you that when they're bragging about how you get $5 off on the additional pair or whatever you buy at the same time.

They leave that out!  I'd rather hear the honesty of that rather than be entertained by the host.

I don't usually say much about people I like (especially I don't mention those I dislike, no need).

However, I would like to say that I think the hostess known as Rachael Boesing.  She's intelligent, attractive, informative and just seems like a very nice person.  She details the clothes.  She is just delightful.  I don't see much about her, maybe because she's usually on early in the morning.  I recently heard her say that she got fired once as a weather girl because they told her she was too cheerful!  That's funny!  She was laughing.  She is cheerful, but you know it's genuine.  I wish they'd use her more during the day.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I just flipped channels and saw yet another D&C show with fall colors.  I quickly turned the channel.  I'm just barely wearing a couple of the new summer things I bought.  Has D&C had any shows this season showing summer items?

Not very darn many!!!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Gary, Just now! D&C Albany, Talked over him. He told her stop, wouldn't have it. Bravo!!! Why is she so rude?

Ehh, she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips...just clambering for attention.  I've nicknamed her "mouth" as well, the other "mouth" is.....you guessed it.....SG!  If you like what they're pushing that day, buy it and be on your way.  No need to get aggravated...

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Gary, Just now! D&C Albany, Talked over him. He told her stop, wouldn't have it. Bravo!!! Why is she so rude?

Ehh, she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips...just clambering for attention.  I've nicknamed her "mouth" as well, the other "mouth" is.....you guessed it.....SG!  If you like what they're pushing that day, buy it and be on your way.  No need to get aggravated...

It's "mouth from the south" for AI...

Valued Contributor

You all may get upset with me, but I loved the show today! There was an air of playfullness, and I don't think anything that was said was in a serious tone or vibe. What I couldn't get past was the fall colored clothing Smiley Wink PS - I love Albany and Gary together

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Darn, sorry I missed it!  She deserves to be stifled for sure!

Trusted Contributor

I also noticed a couple of awkward moments.  She was sitting sideways on her chair sort of acting bored, and even did a half-yawn at one point when Gary was talking about an item!  She noticed that she was on camera and tried to sit a bit straighter, but it was very obvious that she was frustrated.  Or, as someone mentioned, maybe she just feels bad today!  (My Mom told me to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, so I apologize if I saw it wrong.)!

Contributor

I think it is the same show repeated on QVC Plus right now.  More entertaining with the known undertones mentioned in this thread

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I just flipped channels and saw yet another D&C show with fall colors.  I quickly turned the channel.  I'm just barely wearing a couple of the new summer things I bought.  Has D&C had any shows this season showing summer items?

Theyv've even been talking "transition" for weeks now. And now, there's Christmas in July coming up....