Esteemed Contributor

I've been waiting for over a week for a package to arrive from QVC, sent by U. S. mail.

Tracking the package is truly a mystery. It was first sent to their "partner facility" in Maryland, then no additional tracking information for four days. Today it shows up in Des Moines, IA. I'm in Illinois.

Do you think the wagon will turn around and head back east?

Esteemed Contributor

Giddyup !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Hopefully that pony will gallop to your town shortly. The US mail system usually works fairly well but there are glitches.

Several months ago, I ordered a dress from an Ebay seller in Chicago. Two days later it was in Pennsylvania (my state) about three hours from where I live. It should have been in my box within the next day or two. Instead the next tracking showed it was in California! And when I googled the post office location in California, it had horrible reviews. It was called the "black hole of the postal system." Reviewers said that once an item goes into that post office you'll never see it again. Thankfully, my package did survive its detour to the "black hole" and arrived in my mailbox five or six days later.

Esteemed Contributor

Nana, after reading your post, I don't think I want to know where my package is headed next.

And if the California P.O. is the black hole, my local branch sits inside that hole. I once gave my postal carrier a package for mailing ... four weeks later it still hadn't been received. When I called them (have you ever tried talking to a clerk at the post office?), nobody had any information and why was I bothering her about something that took place three weeks earlier? After about another week or so, it finally arrived back to the recipient.

Super Contributor
On 5/3/2014 SoX said:

Nana, after reading your post, I don't think I want to know where my package is headed next.

And if the California P.O. is the black hole, my local branch sits inside that hole. I once gave my postal carrier a package for mailing ... four weeks later it still hadn't been received. When I called them (have you ever tried talking to a clerk at the post office?), nobody had any information and why was I bothering her about something that took place three weeks earlier? After about another week or so, it finally arrived back to the recipient.

It's aggravating, isn't it? Thankfully I live in an area with small town post offices. Most are very user-friendly and efficient.

Respected Contributor

If your package goes from the Warehouse to UPS and then UPS freights it you will not be able to track it while it's enroute until the next destination scan.