Honored Contributor

Re: Ponte Tweed Dress: Yay or Nay?

NO not my style at all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

YAY, with one exception -- get rid of the tweed pockets. 

I love the drop waist, the different take on tweed, the exposed zipper in the back, and the thin line of tweed around the neck.

Esteemed Contributor

Conflicted with this look. The shorter than short but longer than cap sleeves evoke a "light" feeling while the Tweed skirt feels "heavy". My balance-loving self would pass on this dress.

Trusted Contributor

This one is a Nay for me. Not a fan of how the two different colors and textures are placed....it would cut me in half, with way too much attention brought to the bottom half.😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not on my body.  The drop waist would go right across the absolute widest part of me.  Besides, this dress is too short for me.

I don't hate the black ponte top and tweed bottom but the style/cut just wouldn't work for me.  It needs tweaking.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

Not much else is better than great tweeds in fabrics. When I worked I had a number of beautiful tweed jackets/blazers, some came from right here too.  Ahh, those were the days shopping here....

Respected Contributor

Yay

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Yay, it's a classic. Too short for me because I'm tall, but I like it.

@Greeneyedlady21- You mentioned you were 5'10" - I think this dress would look great on a tall person!    Smiley Happy

(As I posted earlier, if I had Tina Turner's legs, I would so wear it.  I'm 5'9).