Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Ponte Knit Pants -- Waitlist

While I was able to pick up the black pair of the ponte knit pants, I was too slow and indecisive (BIG mistake), making up my mind on the charcoal and walnut pairs, which are now on waitlist. It has been quite some time since I've been on waitlist for any item and from what I remember is that my order was eventually filled. Just curious what my Linea waitlist chances are?

Respected Contributor

Re: Ponte Knit Pants -- Waitlist

You're lucky that you are on waitlist. I also was too late, and wanted the small regular charcoal ponte knit pants, and they aren't even available on wait list. It's the "luck of the draw" if your waitlist gets filled. It will probably only be if someone doesn't fulfill a check order, or returns a pair of pants because they don't fit. You may also check Linea Lovers on Del*phi to see if your size/color is listed, or post a "want" there. I still want a pair of charcoal small regular ponte pants.

Trusted Contributor

Last year when these sold out, I was on wait list for three colors, and I was able to eventually get them all, once the check holds and cancellations went through. It was a good three weeks before I got mine, so hang in there on the wait list.

Frequent Contributor

Well...I will keep my fingers crossed I did notice this morning that more colors and sizes are now up for waitlist! Anyone in ""my boat"" might want to see if there is still something in their size/color available.

Respected Contributor

I'll keep watching, but my size in the color I want (charcoal) still shows "sold out". Hopefully, one will come available later.

I ordered the black and navy ponte knit pull on pants in small regular. I was just going through my Linea fall/winter knits, and I found 1 pair of black and 1 pair of navy ponte knit pull on pants, but no charcoal and no brown (I thought I had brown ponte knit pants, and now I can't find them). I have trouble telling navy and black apart, as the navy is so dark, so I have to keep the navy separate from the black pants. It's okay that I ordered a second set, as I'll wear those colors a lot this fall/winter.

I also ordered the blue and brown ponte knit pants (previous version) to go with the animal jacquard jackets that are being reordered. I did order the olive animal jacquard jacket on "wait list". I don't imagine these will come in until later this year, as there are none available in other colors to even order on wait list.

Trusted Contributor

To keep my navy and black distinct, I use a sharpie to mark an N for navy and a B for black on the back waist tags. You can see pretty quickly which are which and the sharpie does not wash out.

Respected Contributor

On 8/24/2014 crdlb said:

To keep my navy and black distinct, I use a sharpie to mark an N for navy and a B for black on the back waist tags. You can see pretty quickly which are which and the sharpie does not wash out.

I borrowed a tip from a lady who posted it here and it has helped me immensely when I've been in a rush searching for the right item. She suggested using a Sharpie and putting a red dot on the tags of the navy items. If I see what I think is a black item and there is no red dot, I know it's truly black. Thanks for this suggestion, whoever it was.Smile

Respected Contributor

On 8/24/2014 crdlb said:

That is a great idea! Thanks so much! I'll do that tomorrow when it's light outside. I have other navy and black pants and tops.