Honored Contributor

I confess, I'm slightly obsessed with them. I have a few in my wardrobe. Three of them are colorblock in the front and solid black in the back. That's my favorite style, I think it's so slimming. Ponte is so flattering and forgiving.

Tonight I ordered two more, oh no.  A Kensie from  EBay with a gift card. 17 dollars and change, new with tags . And a JCrew Factory in green. Final sale for 20 dollars. Reviews said it runs very large, so I'm hoping a smaller size will fit. 

31aUD75sahL.01_SL400_.jpg

E4186_GR7431.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ponte Dresses

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21

I know.  I have a ponte knit A-line, boat neck (black) dress that I bought at a now-defunct department store 20 years ago.  It is still perfect and reliably appropriate for many events.

Recently I bought a Susan Graver ponte dress (great clearance price!) that I just know I will find the right occasion for . . .

I agree with the flattering and forgiving!

BTW:  I like your recent choices.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Land's End always has ponte.  Here is a green one for $25-

Honored Contributor

Talbots-

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Boden-

PRODUCT DETAILS

Who knew such a flattering statement dress could be so easy to wear? Pops of colour at the hem and neckline make an impression at the office or a garden party, and the versatile shift shape (in easy-to-care-for ponte fabric) is ready to simply pop on and go.

• Imported
  • Body 39% cotton 29% polyamide 27% modal 5% elastane, Lining 100% polyester
  • Machine washable
  • Shift with relaxed waist to a fitted hip and straight hem
  • Length finishes just above knee
  • ¾ length sleeves
  • Medium weight ponte jersey
  • Fully lined
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Those are so pretty

Honored Contributor

I bought a plain, black ponte dress from Land's End last year.  It's very basic which is what I liked about it.

What I don't like about it is it's an a-line bottom and it flares out too much.  I need to take it to a tailor and see if if can be taken in at the bottom so it's not so flared. 

I love the material of the dress but I rarely wear it.  I love that Talbot's dress above.    

Honored Contributor

I love ponte dresses especially in fall and winter with tights and boots. I currently own one long sleeve black and grey color block a-line style. I have had it for years - still get compliments. I can wear it belted or not. Sometimes I wear a blazer over it or a turtleneck under it. 

Honored Contributor

The green JCrew Factory dress fits beautifully. It's a 10 and I'm usually a 12. It's just above the knee on me. The color is even better than the photo, it's a true emerald green. Thick good quality ponte and zipper.

The only reason I didn't get another one is that it's final sale. Now 10 is gone in charcoal and black 😢