Respected Contributor

I don't care for the heavy ponchos (especially plaid) that look like you're wearing a circus tent or blanket, but I have two ponchos that are shorter (tunic length) and a very light material, so they look more like a regular top. One is a cream colored knit that I've had for a couple of decades and the other I purchased a few months ago, which is a Slinky brand. It was on Clearance for less than $20, navy blue, not the slinky material, but a nice woven... and I was so pleasantly surprised at how terrific it looks. :-)

Honored Contributor

I bought this one from JCP last year.  I'm okay with having just one :-)

Image result for stylus striped poncho JCP 2015

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Well if you look pregnant or like you are hiding a refrigerator under one, you probably shouldn't order them.

But there are plenty of people who look just fine in them. 

I don't expect every clothing item to be for my taste or my figure so I skip them.  I don't expect them to go away because they aren't for me.

Honored Contributor

I love ponchos / ruanas / capes.   Have a bunch of them and wear them often.   In fact - I'm just finishing up the fourth one I've made so far this season!  My own designs!

I wear them over my winter coat or jacket on blustery days.  

Respected Contributor

I remember a poncho craze when I was around 20 years old (late 60's). Someone was crocheting them with a thick open weave yarn with fringe around the edges.  I purchased one in royal blue for about $5 ot $6 from her.  I loved that thing at the time........all the hippies were wearing them!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I love ponchos, ruanas and wraps and have many.  I am however very discriminating about the ones I buy.  When wearing them you must stand tall.  Slumping makes them look overwhelming and sloppy.

I have to say, most of QVC's offerings do look like horse blankets.

Honored Contributor

There are soooo many in our local stores. Mostly lightweight.  So hard to choose just one.  Slightly confusing (for me) when there are so many options (patterns) of one particular style.  I end up walking away, not being able to pick just one!  I'll just have to 'make up my mind', go back and buy just one!  (Channeling my mom saying: 'Just make up your mind, and let's get going'........)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I love them!!  Not pregnant, no fridge.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I have C Wonder's turtle neck poncho and it's very tailored.  It was expensive for the quality, but I'm keeping for the fit and style. 

Honored Contributor

Heads up ! they just had one on TV that doubles as a couch throw or you can wear it.

Look at 'items recently on air'

H205586