Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Be glad when those items run their course.

You either look pregnant or your hiding a refrigerator under there.

Felt sorry for the host and the models in the D& CO. show.

@SharkE

If you do not like a particular style then do not buy it.  Some of us may actually like that style and your comments are offensive.  I guess you could call me a chic, trim, non pregnant, refrigerator

Respected Contributor

No comments here offended me ... there are 'bad' ponchos and there are 'chic' ponchos.   To my point ... this pooch knows how to rock a bad poncho.

Image result for cartoon . dog in poncho

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Be glad when those items run their course.

You either look pregnant or your hiding a refrigerator under there.

Felt sorry for the host and the models in the D& CO. show.

@SharkE

If you do not like a particular style then do not buy it.  Some of us may actually like that style and your comments are offensive.  I guess you could call me a chic, trim, non pregnant, refrigerator

Sorry, I have a right to state an opinion as you do to take offense.

Some people get offended if you gave them a million dollars. Do not read my threads, posts in the future and you will be happier.

Trusted Contributor

I love ponchos.  I have some handmade crochet ones and all the joan rivers ponchos.  Here is the MISTAKE I think many ladies make, when wearing a poncho you go DOWN at least 2 -3 sizes.

For example, I am a 1X, I ordered my JR Poncho in Medium  The poncho is a lot of fabric and i can make you look bigger.  When you size DOWN, it just skims the body and looks like a "normal" sweater or jacket.

Most ponchos's are open in the arm area and just drape over the body so it is not form fitting so when you go down 2-3 sizes it works.

If you order your normal size, it looks like you are wearing a blanket.  Woman Very Happy

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I love ponchos.  I have some handmade crochet ones and all the joan rivers ponchos.  Here is the MISTAKE I think many ladies make, when wearing a poncho you go DOWN at least 2 -3 sizes.

For example, I am a 1X, I ordered my JR Poncho in Medium  The poncho is a lot of fabric and i can make you look bigger.  When you size DOWN, it just skims the body and looks like a "normal" sweater or jacket.

Most ponchos's are open in the arm area and just drape over the body so it is not form fitting so when you go down 2-3 sizes it works.

If you order your normal size, it looks like you are wearing a blanket.  Woman Very Happy

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

That's interesting ... I do just the opposite!  I have a narrow body shape and wide shoulders, and I like my ponchos to drape from my shoulders and "swing" when I walk.  

I've made all my own ponchos and I always make them bigger.  Mine span from wrist to wrist when I hold my arms out and I insert godets to increase the width about 2/3 from the top (made top>down).   

For capes - I prefer shorter (just below waist) and narrower.   Ruanas - wrist-to-wrist size, but not flared.  Shawls - prefer  wide V shape with elongated back.

Trusted Contributor

Oh Ms. ALRA  - I just love your comment, but the key word is "narrow" body...see I'm fluffy and plus.... so your posting was great for thinner ladies who might want the fabric flowiness.

While plus size ladies, 1X-3X, in MY OPINION, all may not agree. But in MY OPINION, the extra fabric does not look as attractive when one is already carring a lot of weight.

Now that is my opinion.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I had a crochet poncho back in the 60s/early 70s. I am not going there again. I don't like lots of extra fabric on me so ponchos, capes, scarves, ruanas, and wraps have never been my style. I prefer a more tailored layered look. I saw one woman looking chic with a turtleneck, skinny jeans, and boots with her poncho, but it was definitely a more fitted poncho/cape version.