Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sharke ... this is what I envision when I think "poncho."

(On the hombre, not the mule).

Image result for poncho on a donkey

Honored Contributor

hahaha-024.gif

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!     To each his own. My husband likes frog legs and I would scream if I had to eat one. LOL

Respected Contributor

Ponchos work for some people, but I think they make me look bigger, so I avoid them. I feel I am large enough all by myself!

Honored Contributor

I don't know how women function in the poncho things.   You can't carry anything like groceries or children,  you can't effectively get in or out of a car,  you can't use a shoulder bag and in spite of the struggle you're still cold because they're open and drafty. 👎

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't own any ponchos until I did get the Linea Whisper Knit ponch, and I love it. Take a look at the video. Nancy Hornback looks so chic and elegant, and so do the models. Maria who is a plus looks fabulous. I guess it depends on the poncho.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know how women function in the poncho things.   You can't carry anything like groceries or children,  you can't effectively get in or out of a car,  you can't use a shoulder bag and in spite of the struggle you're still cold because they're open and drafty. 👎

@Kachina624 

It depends on the wearer and the poncho ..

I don't have to carry groceries - I have a cart. 

I don't have any children

I have no problem getting in or out of cars, taxis or buses

My shoulder bag is on my shoulder, under my poncho.

I wear mine over coats, jackets or sweaters - no drafts.  

Honored Contributor

love my capes, ponchos, and ruanas!

i wear them often this time of the year instead of coats. i find them to be warmer, cozier, and more comfortable than coats. they are not going away.......they never left.

individual clothing and style choices are always a GOOD thing. love my style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have a couple of ponchos and I like them.

I certainly don't look like a "tent" in mine.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It totally depends upon the poncho.

My free people poncho has "arms" in it.  It's very easy to grocery shop and get in and out of the car.  I also have no problem carrying a shoulder bag  I certainly don't struggle in mine. 

"Blanket" statements like this are absurd.   Perhaps for YOU that's the case, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I also own the BAREFOOT DREAMS COZY CHIC PONCHO In NAVY and I love it also. Honestly I have never gotten more compliments on anything. I find this one very slimming.

I am a cape person, always have been. I am particular about them. I like them because they are not restricting in anyway. Cross body bags usually work with mine and I have no problem carrying anything. ALTHOUGH I do not have a child to carry, that may be quite challenging. 

I know they are not for everyone. None of friends wear them or like them. Everybody has there own likes and dislikes. I just really like them, you never have to be concerned about you wear under them. You will never feel constricted, like in some coats. That's what I like most.