Honored Contributor

Re: Ponchos Everywhere

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I remember my mother brought me a poncho back in the seventies that I really like to wear.  That was then, I haven't wore one since.

@Luvitorleaveit1  -  I also remember wearing ponchos as a little girl in the 70's.  Loved them back then, but haven't owned one since.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I was looking for a crochet project so I made myself a poncho. I put it on and thought I will never wear this, so I took it apart and made a throw. Then a while later I saw another one that looked nicer so I made that. That one I took apart and made a sweater lol. I guess ponchos are not for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ponchos Everywhere

[ Edited ]

I have a friend who is very tall and slim and she can carry off winter ponchos, as well as a flowy summer weight poncho made of silk or gauze fabric. On myself, I like a slim, close to the body top. Not skin tight or too low cut, just a body skimming fit. 

I have not seen too many people wearing summer weight ponchos here in Seattle. But it's still spring and not particularly warm yet.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I had a poncho in the 70's. Guess they have come full circle.

Respected Contributor

No thanks.

Honored Contributor

I dislike them, may as well wear a skirt around your neck.

Esteemed Contributor

Ponchos have never interested me. They look sloppy.

Honored Contributor
No thanks.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I recently saw one on the Q which was beautiful.

Lighweight, beautiful prints, beautiful color combination choices.  With nice tassels.

Could have been Kim Gravel's, but I'm not sure.......

I'll go back and check Items recently aired.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).