Honored Contributor

LL BEAN pima cotton!  Can't beat it! 

Honored Contributor

Totally agree with @suzyQ3 !

The Hanes Cool-DRI are fab.  I just got bunch more delivered.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Totally agree with @suzyQ3 !

The Hanes Cool-DRI are fab.  I just got bunch more delivered.  

@ALRATIBA, I had tried to include a notification in my post, but I couldn't remember the spelling of your nic.

I think that many don't understand that there are many different applications of polyester. The type that you and I are talking is polyester made specifically for activity. It is thin and not clingy and definitely cooling.

Of course, you can them as casual tees as well. I

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I had a blouse on yesterday. Everything about it screamed woven cotton, 100%. I reached underneath and looked at the tag and it was poly/rayon!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Kachina624   I respectfully disagree. I only own 100% cotton tee shirts.  I easily have over 100 of them from sleeveless to long sleeves.  Some of them are over 10 years old and still look like new.

They haven't stretched or shifted out of shape and I wear one almost every day in all four seasons.

I do not own and will not buy plastic ( polyester) clothing and if it has spandex, I won't even consider it even if it is mixed with cotton. It is hot, stains and clings.  

@Carmie.  To each her own.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think there is nothing hotter than a densely woven 100% cotton tee shirt.  They also stretch out after a couple hours wearing and lose their shape.   If a shirt with Spandex clings, you're wearing a size too small.  Spandex doesn't cause clingliness....thin, flimsy fabric does.

@Kachina624   Good morning. ITA on a mix of cotton/spandex, but 2% spandex & 98% cotton is my "sweet spot". It's just enough to add drape, color retention and no shrinkage, but still cool for our hot, humid summers. I agree going up a size eliminates the lumps and bumps. Never understood the sale of summer Spanx tanks, etc. I'd pass out if had to wear another layer when it's 98 degrees with high humidity. 

Honored Contributor

I only wear poly/span, no cotton, no rayon.

I bought a pair of Isaac's cotton trousers once about 2 years ago, after wearing & washing, it looked like a rag.    

Honored Contributor

I love poly /span. It keeps its shape, doesn't stretch out ,and always looks crisp and fresh

Respected Contributor

At the risk of sounding un-sophisticated and un-chic, I love polyester tops. They are cool and light and don't absorb and hold sweat. I don't wear them tight though. I love a blousy polyester tank top tucked into shorts or a skirt during the summer.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I only wear poly/span, no cotton, no rayon.

I bought a pair of Isaac's cotton trousers once about 2 years ago,

@software 

Do you want to see what a D&Co top looked like after one washing?  I also posted this pic in the item's review.