Honored Contributor

Don't know what the heck it is, just a fancy name for polyester? I bought a Michael Kors top at Marshalls yesterday, on clearance for $18. The tag says 98 % poly 2 % elastane. It has that beautiful pebble crepey texture. MK site calls it georgette.

I love this top. I hand washed it and it does not wrinkle at all . The fit is impeccable, I got a small because I can wear an 8 in some things. Unlike so many tops these days there is plenty of room in the arms. MSRP on the Kors tag is $98. 

I did some looking online and this is the print, which I also love. It's called the meadow print, navy and acorn color. Mine is not a tie neck, it's a shirttail hem top with long sleeves and grommets with x pieces of the fabric at the shoulders.

I could live in that fabric all Spring and Summer. Might try one from the MK site to see if fabric is the same. They have a matching meadow skirt but not in small. I wish I could find my clearance top in some solid colors or other prints, would buy more. The picture does not do justice to the print. I think anyone who loves subtle prints would love this one. Goes with denim too

MH84KRVAGK-2461_5.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Your question was what the fabric is.  Polyester is polyester.  "georgette" refers to a texture similar to traditional georgette which was a light weight fabric made from silk.

Enjoy.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Polyester georgette is just sheer, thinner polyester...if you have a dark print it won’t be see-thru; if it’s a pastel or white you need a cami under it. I think it’s a much better alternative to silk, which is hotter than heck, hard to care for, and expensive.

Honored Contributor

Polyester is a miracle fiber that can be made to mimic anything from the finest silk to wool.  It dyes beautifully, doesn't wrinkle, is durable, lightweight and great for travel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

And it doesn't SHRINK

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking of ordering this blouse. It's on sale for $37, it's the georgette.

Not the shorts lol

MH84LP0AFH-1659_1.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm thinking of ordering this blouse. It's on sale for $37, it's the georgette.

Not the shorts lol

MH84LP0AFH-1659_1.jpeg

Both cute.........just not together

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Polyester Georgette

[ Edited ]

Crepe georgette was a silk fabric that had a crepe feel.  The tag is just being honest in saying that it is polyester and not silk.  What is the problem?  

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21    not sure if you like short sleeves but UniQlo has florals by Studio Sanderson (UK brand) Also in Navy under $15: Cotton/modal

ordered two cotton cardis (Ines de la Fressange)...sized down their things seem to run large

WOMEN STUDIO SANDERSON FOR UNIQLO GRAPHIC T-SHIRT, OFF WHITE, medium

Bra Dress (95 Cotton / 5 Span)

in white and navy under $30

WOMEN STUDIO SANDERSON FOR UNIQLO SLEEVELESS BRA DRESS, NAVY, medium

Built in Bra:

WOMEN STUDIO SANDERSON FOR UNIQLO SLEEVELESS BRA DRESS, NAVY, small

Respected Contributor

btw U Clo seem to mark things down quickly -  watch for free shipping