Respected Contributor

Re: Poll--Bra reach around to snap or snap in front & twist around?

I hook it in back, my Mom used the spin around as does my daughter.

I'm 70 had shoulder surgery, both arms.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

I hook and spin.

@Flatbush I hook and spin too!

Honored Contributor

Another hook and spin here.  I need to see what I'm doing.  
Same with necklaces.

Honored Contributor

I reach around and clasp. I never heard of snapping in the front and twisting around. I have, though, bought bras that fasten in the front. Learn something new everyday.🤔

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I've always started by snapping in front and then twisting the bra around to get the snaps in back (and breasts in cups, of course). I can't imagine having to reach behind my back to put on a bra. I put one on like this because that's what my mom did. Which method do you use?

Reading this you brought back memories when I was 14-15  years old and at my girlfriends house,stayed overnight next morning getting ready for school I saw my friend getting ready with the bra hooks around almost her waist and then twisting it  around  to her back, I thought at first what is she doing,didn't say anything thought she was crazy , but from that day on tried it her way and never turned back to my torture way, even as a teen ,guess my mother just  handed it to me  thinking I should know how to hook it.

Today the arms on this senior  would never reach the back  to hook it, thanks Lorraine wherever you are.

This is off the subject in a way but will share

Whenever  I had  to go for any chest  X-Rays,or cat scan  I  wear the old time Genie bra which I really don't like getting into, but  I have never had to remove my  bra because they saw no metal, remember hearing a women waiting her turn ask me how did  you get away with not removing  your bra ,as she heard technician saying you are ok you can keep bra on , no metal, wires or hooks..

Valued Contributor

I can't believe there are so many that never heard of this. I could never do four hooks 

in the back. Never did.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always hooked my bra in the front and then twist it around and fit myself into the cups. 

I forgot to add that I am in my mid 50's and I have been wearing a bra since the age of 12-13.

Esteemed Contributor

The right way to put on a bra is any way you deem fit.  So long as it's on you the way YOU want it to be.  Breasts all tucked in.........

Newer bra of course, or harder to twist to the back because the support band is new.  Nice and tight on a newer bra, compared to the spin of an older bra.  That's what those extra snaps are there for.  The extra snaps are for when the bra's elasticity is lacking and you need to tighten it you move the snaps to the next rung.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361  - I've always fastened my bras in the back since the beginning of time.  I never realized so many women fastened in the front!  Interesting poll.  How 'bout starting another poll? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm totally dumbfounded that women step into their bras and then pull them up. 

I always thought those hookless bras .... like sports bras, etc ..... are pulled on over one's head and then pulled down.

Stepping INTO the bra?  That's a new one.