Honored Contributor

Re: Pointy Fingernails— Back in Style?

There are nails that turn my stomach just to look at them. I would never eat a thing some people prepare just from looking at their hands

Valued Contributor

If I were Lily Munster I would Love them Woman LOL And the nail shape called Lipstick on the nail chart. Reminds me of Bobby Brown's haircut from back in the day. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think that they are also referred to as Coffin Nails. 

They are stiletto nails.  Coffin nails are not as pointy. 

Trusted Contributor

How does this work when you have to go to the bathroom?  You could puncture something with those ugly nails.

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I’ve noticed that host Courtney K. is sporting pointy fingernails painted in light frosted pink. This reminds me of my mother’s nails from the 1960s, when l was a little girl. I do my own nails, so l haven’t seen what’s being done at nail salons. I still prefer the traditional squared-off oval shape.

Do you do your nails— or have them done— this way? Do you like this retro style?

Here’s an example of the shape:

B95D837F-E7E3-4ACA-A809-CF59C3AAFD31.jpeg

@handygal2   .. I also do my own nails.  However, I agree with you:  I do not like the pointy fingernails.  I much prefer the  traditional squared-off oval shape.  And that is how I will continue to do my nails.   

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

If you want to see some wickedly pointy nails check out Marie Osmond's the next time she's on. But then she's over the top w/everything, hair, makeup, shapers, etc. Or maybe now that she's out of Las Vegas show biz she's gotten rid of those daggers. 

She  lost 50 lbs on Nutrisystem and added back with her boob implants.