Highlighted
Regular Contributor

How about a few regular size models for us average size gals? It's hard for me to judge how a garment will look on me when I only see it on plus size models which there seem to be more of.......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Look at the host if the models don’t suit you.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I agree! Nothing iritates me more than plus size models, especially when the host is a plus size too.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Too funny.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lemondropcookie wrote:

I agree! Nothing iritates me more than plus size models, especially when the host is a plus size too.

@lemondropcookie  I don’t watch fashion that much so maybe I don’t know the plus size hosts. All I can think of is Carolyn Gracie. Who else?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@lemondropcookie wrote:

???? wow, that's kinda mean.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I see lots of regular sized or small models. Sounds like fat shaming going on here. As someone else said look at the hosts most of them are small. Right now they are low on models because of distancing. They can't have every size out there. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I look at it this way.....

If a certain size model that is your size or near is not modeling the outfit(s), that clothing item is NOT for you.

What irks me is when a host and/or vendor says, "fits all shapes and/or sizes," and the models are all the same shape/size.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@prettychis wrote:

I see lots of regular sized or small models. Sounds like fat shaming going on here. As someone else said look at the hosts most of them are small. Right now they are low on models because of distancing. They can't have every size out there. 

The OP in no way shamed the model.  Just that it was difficult for her to judge her size by seeing the clothing on a larger sized model.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@lmtep wrote:

@prettychis wrote:

The OP in no way shamed the model.  Just that it was difficult for her to judge her size by seeing the clothing on a larger sized model.

She said she sees too many plus size models. I'm not a plus size but how many is too many?