Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I belive there are only maybe three altogether true plus models....

meaning 1X, 2X or 3X......and the latter two are NEVER shown.

Extra Large and Large are NOT plus models...........and it seems

the main models that are shown these days are XS, XXS  and 

5ft 9inches or over and most of the hosts sizes are in the XS range......except maybe Mary Beth, Pat, Jane, Carolyn.....who are either Med or X large......................the petite models are no shorter then 5ft 2 1/2............and also most of the fashions popular today are tunic length anfd don't do the petite figure any favors...........

Pretty impossible at times to see the "perfect" size for you to judge as it relates to your figure................

I think Mary Beth, Pat and Jane are medium.  Carolyn looks plus-size (to my eyes) but maybe it's just because I don't see well.  If I were dressing Carolyn at a B&M store, I would guess her to be the 16W.  I don't think all the hosts who say they are XX small are indeed XX smal according to B&M standards but perhaps to the QVC  brand they are representing at the time they say that. 

I think Katrina Szish is a great size and height for QVC model size.  She oftentimes says she is in a size Xsmall but when she gives numeric sizing on brand names, she will say a "size 4."  I think she would be like a 6-8 in B&M sizing.  She looks an 8 but TV does add another size to one's look  So perhaps, according to B&M Katrina is a size 6.  I think a lot of ladies here have stated they are tall so she might be the ideal for them.  I think probably Carolyn is the look for a plus-size and Mary Beth, et al, are the medium size.  I think Mary Beth, Pat D and Jane Brown are perfect size medium look.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think that QVC does have a nice assortment of models, they have quite a few Plus Size as well as average size, and petite size.....

I think with all of the models they have, there should be no need for the host to keep changing in and out of the clothes as well, that's what the models are there for......

QVC is also very good at telling us what size the model is wearing to be able to judge as well......The only time the host really needs to keep changing into the items is if there aren't any models representing her size.......Otherwise it is a distraction to me,especially if the host isn't a quick changer!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I don't watch TV, but I do look online, and recently all the newer items have been on plus size models, that's great, but how about medium or small too. I have no idea if it's something I want when all the photos on line including the video prior to item being on air is plus size.  Then when it's on air, it's either XXS or 2X being shown.  It would be very nice to see models in a 10 or 12, in the middle of the two.  It's not mean, it's trying to determine if something is a good buy from looking online only.  I don't have time to watch the shows, but I do buy online, and when it costs $10 plus to buy and return, it would be nice to see the item on a model closer to my own size which is a 10.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

For years people, including me, asked for more plus size models and now that there are quite a variety and that sizing ranges have increased for clothing as well in some instances, I think we need to able to represent as many people, shapes and sizes.  However, social distancing is not going to allow them to have every body type out there, and honestly mine is never represented accurately.  I am very small on top but a large belly and wide hips.  I cannot order dresses or one piece jumpers because if I buy per the sizing guide to fit the widest part of me, the top is huge on me because of the bustline.  I do not expect to be represented, and I do not think I am unique a body type either.  I read the sizing information, which has been terrible lately and barely provided online or in presentations, and if I like something that I think will work, I buy it. If I do not really like it and do nor want to roll the dice on a "maybe this will look good" I skip it..  That is all they can do.  We can all sit here behind our computers and TV's and complain about it, or just save your money.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just a guess .....

Maybe they use the sizes of the items sold to determine which models appear on TV.  

If they are selling more of the larger sizes - makes sense to have larger models wearing the stuff.

Highlighted
Contributor

this is not fat shaming.  Almost all the models are xxl any more.  I am a size 10/12 I would like to see a model that's not stuffed into whatever it is they are showing...those skin tight pants yikes!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

@KatCat1 wrote:

It sounds like some of you ladies are discriminating against the plus size models.  Shame on you.

@KatCat1  lol no not at all

Highlighted
Contributor

The average American woman wears a size 16. QVC is just showing the size models that match their most common customer sizes. The so-called plus models are regular size.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

"The average size of an American woman is now between 16 to 18, which is an increase from 10-year-old data that indicated most women in the U.S. were a size 14."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If average is 16/18 that means 50% of the population is under that size.........