Trusted Contributor
Ridiculous, derisive thread ~ captions sound like something a child would write, an insensitive child, that is!!
Trusted Contributor
On 11/16/2014 steiny3844 said:

I took this to mean the op is making fun of the clothing manufacturers, not plus sized women. What were they thinking!!

Ah.......someone who gets it! I (the OP) am a 2X woman myself, as stated at the end of my original post. I'm not poking fun at larger women, but at the sometimes awful fashion choices marketed to us. Wouldn't anyone recognize that these fashion horrors would make the very worst of any full figure? Sometimes I wonder if the designers' intent is to disrespect larger women and make us look ridiculous!

I see Lolakimono gets it, too. She has ferreted out some pretty awful plus size options to go along with the ones I found. They're out there, believe me!

A little wry humor, ladies. Based on market realities.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/16/2014 chrystaltree said: I'm confused. Why are they only funny if plus size women wear them? Seems to me like they would be unfortunate fashion choices at any size. But, if the intent is to make fun of plus size ladies.....carry on.

A lot of these would look pretty awful on just about anyone! But these are fashions marketed specifically for plus size women -- and awful in that they seem designed to make the very worst of the fuller figure. The "fun" is aimed at plus size designers/marketers, not plus size ladies. I am a plus size lady.

Esteemed Contributor

GoodStuff.....I, too, am a plus size..3x...and those fashions are the reason I do not go to the malls to shop....I can't tell you how many times I have walked through nice stores...seen really pretty miss's sizes...then plus size that looked like the ones you and lola posted...

Trusted Contributor

I agree about plus size clothes, in the first place our favorite shopping channels are a joke, most of there 3x sizes are not the same as other catalogues[plus size], I think this new style is ugly on most women regardless of there size. I like to have a little shoulder pad in my clothes and its hard to find that anymore,it sorta balances out the figure. I have blouses from 10 years ago that I still wear cause they look better on me than the new fashions. They still look pretty good and I get compliments on them.I will not wear sleevless clothes,and they must be at least 3/4ths long,longer blouses ,not tucked in. wish I had the nerve to do my own clothes,but not talented enough to do that. Maybe some day fashion designers will see there are clients out there who would buy plus sizes if they looked good on us.

Honored Contributor
I sure hope nobody is buying this junk and supporting these designers.
Frequent Contributor
Oh please....must there be Debbie Downers on every subject??? This is a funny post. There was no ill intent meant here...just some fun poked at 'questionable' designs ..pity the poor models who are tryin' to sell this stuff.
Super Contributor

This thread is hilarious. I can't imagine why anyone would think the OP was poking fun at plus size women. She is obviously laughing at the awful clothes. In fact, I can't imagine any size woman wearing this stuff. . . {#emotions_dlg.lol}

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Esteemed Contributor
I got the OP's intent. Some of the clothing that looks fine in a Misses size is pretty horrible on a Plus size. Just because a designer makes a item that goes up to Plus size does not mean it deserves to see the light of day. The most often stated lie about this is the famous ""This skirt/dress/blouse/sweater/jacket will flatter any woman's figure. Hold on I beg to differ.
Respected Contributor

I have often wondered why don't designers/manufacturers just make larger sizes in the really cute, pretty clothes they make for small and average women. That just seems like a very simple solution. Example, that pretty dress you saw at Talbots in a size 8-10, why can't it be made in a 1x, 2x, etc.? duh!