Valued Contributor

Re: Plus-Size Models Not Only Look Good, They Make Women Feel Better About Their Bodies

As a currently plus size ( large - 1x ) customer, I appreciate seeing models in these sizes. When patterns are graded up, standard gradations are usually used. So if a neckline is low on a model wearing a large, I know it is likely to be even lower in 1x. Same for armholes. So many sleeveless tops have deep armholes which is not good for most 1x women. If I see these discrepancies on a model, I can pass on the garment and not risk shipping/return charges. Although I always use the garment measurements on the website, seeing the models helps. 

As we all know, a lot of excess fat around our organs is bad. At the same time, aspiring to be a 2 or 0 is not a healthy or realistic aspiration for most women. I especially love seeing models in medium and large sizes as if the style or print is unflattering on them, I know it will be the same for me. This reduces returns and disappointment. 

Showing a a variety of sizes in hosts and models also shows the items styled with other pieces and is good marketing for a store whether b&m, digital, or tv. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Plus-Size Models Not Only Look Good, They Make Women Feel Better About Their Bodies

I don't put a lot of value on what the posters here claim is their size. A huge portion claiming to be xxs - xs - s versus what you see in real life of women who are in their 50s and beyond - the average posters here - it just doesn't add up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949

If you've been on the outfit of the day thread you'll find that some posters talk about themselves more negatively! Some are much thinner than what I expected from the way they spoke of themselves!

There are many women on this board that talk about being plus size so I'm not sure where you're coming from

While I'm sure it happens because that's the nature of the internet I don't think it happens as much as you think it does

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Perhaps that's true, but vendors who are always pointing figure flaws that need to be camouflaged or covered don't do women any favors.  We don't all have "something something that needs to be covered"!

It's annoying and all the vendors do it.  What is most annoying is when the male vendors do it!  

@ALRATIBA  Not all.  The philosophy of Jeanne Bice and QF after her:  If you can't lose it, decorate it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Perhaps that's true, but vendors who are always pointing figure flaws that need to be camouflaged or covered don't do women any favors.  We don't all have "something something that needs to be covered"!

It's annoying and all the vendors do it.  What is most annoying is when the male vendors do it!  

@ALRATIBA  Not all.  The philosophy of Jeanne Bice and QF after her:  If you can't lose it, decorate it.  LOL

@Pearlee

I forgot about Jeanne!   Heart ...  I do like that line!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I don't put a lot of value on what the posters here claim is their size. A huge portion claiming to be xxs - xs - s versus what you see in real life of women who are in their 50s and beyond - the average posters here - it just doesn't add up.

And you'd probably be incorrect.  

Contributor

@MacDUFF

I totally agree with you! I also love the way Maria looks whenever she models on QVC. Oftentimes, she looks much better than the slim models! I just saw her modeling Linea in an alabaster ombre top and black pants and she looked exquisite! She is GORGEOUS!