Valued Contributor

Re: Plus Size HOST... Constantly PUTTING HERSELF DOWN

Antonella looked beautiful today.

Her happy personality is very contagious.

Q4U congrats on you weight loss!

How did you do it?

Frequent Contributor

QVC most certainly does have a plus size host, she just doesn't admit that she is.

Contributor

people are referring to Antoinella,who looked absolutely beautiful this morning and it was wonderful to see her in color - bright yellow, at that!  I am sure it is very hard to be on TV where most hosts are XXS, especially. When they announce that fact at every opportunity.......personally, I am a 2X and really appreciated Antoinella this morning......she spoke like a real woman, not a phoney who stares at herself incessantly and she has some insecurities......don't we all?  Any comment she made was to make larger size viewers feel heard & included and I found it refreshing........I wish she would be on more often and Shawn, Kerstin, etc would be on less and take a lesson or two.......no stupid words, speed talking, talking over Isaac, constantly looking at themselves in the monitor, asking the model if she could touch them to demonstrate how the fabric draped instead of just groping them like she is all that. No talking like a valley girl......it was a refreshing show.......Good job beautiful Antoinella!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I do not like is when the host or vendor comments how the garment makes the plus models look "SO SKINNY"....when did it become necessary to feel clothes are to make us look skinny? Is that the goal? Why can't the plus model just  look lovely?

I also do not care for host comments about how this or that covers the bits and pieces ...or hides the back fat or hides your arms.....and all the other words they use to describe the HORRORS  of being overweight.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I am referring to the host that was with Issac this morning.  I'm sure she may not be considered plus size to everyone and maybe she is not.  I just could not get past all the negative comments she mad about herself. 

I did not want to post any names  in case the post was deleted.  If someone was watching Issac this morning they would know who I am talking about.

Even Issac had to say something because it was just too much.

She looks great to me, I consider her to be pretty lady, she has such a nice personality and I just wish she would not put herself down so much.  But I know it is hard in her line of business.

Respected Contributor

If someone is not happy with their body, do something about it - quit putting yourself down.  Clearly that person is an insecure person. I certainly don't look the way I did when I was 40 and here's what I say - who cares?  It's my body, it's my face, I'm comfortable in my body - I'm not out to impress anyone. 

Honored Contributor

Antonella often puts her self down for her size. Even when she sells jewelry she always clarifies that she has a large wrist when it comes to bracelets. When she presents clothing she often covers it up with a jacket or sweater. This morning she struck me as being very uncomfortable in a top with a line across the midriff and since she is amply endowed, it barely fit her when she sat down. That and a lot of women hate their upper arms and the TSV is not for someone with arm issues.

When I wore a larger size, I was well aware that there were some clothes that just weren't going to look good on me. Of course, I would continue to get compliments but I knew very well that I was gambling with my health and I chose to lose the weight.

Antonella works in an industry where size matters. I definitely understand why she is troubled by her weight. I do hope that she either decides to lose weight for her peace of mind or she learns how to accept herself as she is. It cannot be easy for her....

Respected Contributor

What's worse are the self-deprecating thin women.

No matter what size, women wear confidence well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What I do not like is when the host or vendor comments how the garment makes the plus models look "SO SKINNY"....when did it become necessary to feel clothes are to make us look skinny? Is that the goal? Why can't the plus model just  look lovely?

i also do not care for host comments anout how this or that covers the bits and pieces ...or hides the back fat or hides your arms.....and all the other words they use to describe the HORRORS  of being overweight.

I agree with you, but I also think a lot of the time when hosts and vendors comment about how a cut is slimming or hides certain parts it's because a lot of people are very self critical and need to hear that the clothes will hide the thing they feel they should hide in order to buy it. 

We see such talk all the time on the forums. We have whole threads dedicated to how some people won't show their arms ( and I don't mean at church) or won't show their knees and other posts complaining that a style "shows all the lumps and bumps". And don't even get me started on all the other stupid age appropriate style threads. It's one thing when when you just prefer to dress modestly, it's another when it's only because you don't like yourself and the way you look. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I don't watch Antonella, so I really never hear her comments.  I am sure there are many who are her fans, so I'm sure she doesn't miss me.

I do feel, however, that if any overweight person feels so uncomfortable with their body that they must constantly self-deprecate, they should think the matter through and do something about it.  I know there are people who really cannot control their body weight - I have my own issues with this. But if you are so uncomfortable that you must mention it constantly, perhaps it is time for medical intervention to reduce their body size.  Just MHO.