Trusted Contributor

Re: Plus Size HOST... Constantly PUTTING HERSELF DOWN

@TeachRsPet wrote:

I actually saw Antonella out at dinner in King Of Prussia not too long ago.  I recognized her voice and laugh right away. I would not say she is plus size at all. Probably more the size of the average woman 14+. By the way she's very attractive! Her face literally lights up! 

She's DEFINITELY a plus size and probably wears a larger size than a 14 - more like a 20.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I didn't see the show, but Antoinella is only a little self deprecating. Usually when she is hosting a fashion line. She still has confidence in herself in most situations. The person that always knocks her figure is Pat. I feel sorry for her when she foes this but truthfully she looks slim and gorgeous on air. If she wouldn't keep pointing out her figure flaw in every show I would never no about it. It doesn't show in air. 

They all do it to sell: Pat's big stomach; Jayne's big feet and junk in the trunk; Jane Treacy's big hips; Amy's short. Shawn's bad feet and tragic life; Antonella's too big; Albany's built like a boy -- it's part of the selling game. We're supposed to feel better, b/c they share our body shaming.

Ridiculous way to sell. You never hear men complaining about their bodies: Ooooo, I need to have a big, wide shirt to hide my beer belly; my waist is non existence; my legs are this or that. My backside is this or that. Men spare themselves and love whatever they have. Women should, also.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I admit I have not seen Antonella in quite a long time.  I don't watch during the day at all.

However, from the last time I saw her, I would rather look like her than Kelly Ripa.  I mention her because she is all over the news these days!  Why she is is a mystery to me!!

I have never watched her show, so I don't care who is on it and who isn't.  But the story is all over the place, and some stories have a photo.

I know nothing about her other than she is on a show.  But, she looks anorexic thin to me.

I find Antonella more attractive!

Hyacinth    Cat Wink

@hyacinth003

Kelly Ripa is a small boned 5'2" woman who weighs about 110 pounds, but she's a fitness nut.   When you're that petite, there's no way you'd look like Sophia Loren, for example.   

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

I didn't see the show, but Antoinella is only a little self deprecating. Usually when she is hosting a fashion line. She still has confidence in herself in most situations. The person that always knocks her figure is Pat. I feel sorry for her when she foes this but truthfully she looks slim and gorgeous on air. If she wouldn't keep pointing out her figure flaw in every show I would never no about it. It doesn't show in air. 

They all do it to sell: Pat's big stomach; Jayne's big feet and junk in the trunk; Jane Treacy's big hips; Amy's short. Shawn's bad feet and tragic life; Antonella's too big; Albany's built like a boy -- it's part of the selling game. We're supposed to feel better, b/c they share our body shaming.

Ridiculous way to sell. You never hear men complaining about their bodies: Ooooo, I need to have a big, wide shirt to hide my beer belly; my waist is non existence; my legs are this or that. My backside is this or that. Men spare themselves and love whatever they have. Women should, also.

I think it's safe to say that every woman knows her figure flaws and challenges .... some of which just cannot be altered .... short waisted, large busted, apple shape, pear shape, large bone structure ... you get the idea.  My sister has a great shape (a toned size 6)  but is still very self conscious about her upper arms.   We all have our issues,

I remember skinny Susan Graver mentioning that she always covers her knees because they are so unattractive!  (Huh?)

The point is, we are all working with styles, proportions and colors that will, hopefully, look good on us.  Some women like "coverage" and some could use a little coverage .... it can be a challenge, to be sure.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Does this host have a name, as far as I know there is NO plus size host

Antonella is plus size.  Since plus sizes typically begin with size 14, Leah and Caroline are plus size.

I've ranged between a size 12 and a plus size Women's 14P (not a regular 14) from time to time thru the years.   Carolyn is NOT a plus size at this time, but probably ranges from a large to an XL.  Leah has a very thick body and must be at the very least an XL There is abslutely no doubt that Antonella is a plus size, or that she is very uncomfortable with her body.  That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with any of them.  If they want to be smaller, there are ways to lose weight, but having to listen to a host whine about her size is completely annoying and thus I don't watch Antonella.. Thank goodness Carolyn and Leah don't whine or apologize for their sizes.    

And sorry, Chrystaltree, but plus sizes do not begin with a regular 14.  They begin with a women's 14. Very different sizing.  The women's size 14 is considerably larger (wider) than a reg. 14. And then there are regular 16's and 18's.  

Respected Contributor

Jayne Brown has talked about wearing a size large often but of late, mentions a medium. 

Honored Contributor

There certainly isn't ANY plus size host out there on TV.  By plus size I mean obese, not merely fat.  Someone way over 280-300 lbs.  Not for TV.  EVen if that person would get hired....the comments from the viewers would be enough to put that person out of TV.  There are people that are morbidly obese.  They need a hospital not a job on TV.