Contributor

Please stop telling us where to wear something! and ...

Please spend more time telling us about the item instead of telling us where we can wear it!  I have to be sitting at my computer to get details/measurements of an item, because by the time the host gets finished going through a litany of parties, weddings, vacations, etc., it can be worn to, my size is gone. 

Like the TSV today, Kim Gravel maxi dress.  The neckline is so low, I needed to know if the petite is petite overall, not just 4 inches shorter at the bottom.  Nope, neckline is the same in petite and regular. 

So instead of saying you carry petite, just say you carry short!!!!!!!!!

I never write comments, but I'm pretty frustrated.  And I actually tuned out KG the day I heard her say, "This time I really mean it, y'all."  That says it all.

Rant over.

We are not dumb.  Don't insult our intelligence.  Ok, now rant is over.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Please stop telling us where to wear something! and ...

[ Edited ]

After I recently ordered and returned a woven "cardian"of hers that was tissue paper thin never again for me.  

I agree it's so silly how they go on and on telling us where to wear these items.

Respected Contributor

All you have to do is click on the garment measurements to see how petite compares with regular. Easy. 

Harmonize the World
Frequent Contributor

This has annoyed me forever. They waste so much time filling in with nonsense. I want to hear important facts about the item and yes I have missed out on some items I really wanted.

Regular Contributor

I agree with you.  The hosts never tell us if shoes have an arch support.  They rant and rant about the colors available and where they can be worn.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looked at the neckline measurements for the regular and petite TSV dresses too and saw that they were the same. This is a pet peeve of mine.  Susan Graver will also design a peitie top and keep the measurement of the V neckline the same as the regular top. Designers should adjust the neckline as well as all the other measurements for peitites. Oh well, this has saved me money because it has stopped me from ordering.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree 100%.  The hosts sometimes ignore, or at best skim over the real meat and potatoes of the item they're presenting, and instead, feed us all this nonsense about some fantasy life they think wil bamboozle us into buying.  I'm sure they're trained to do it, it's not their original thinking.  

But, it's done to such excess, that it's ridiculous.  Some people may buy into it, but a lot of serious shoppers just want the necessary information required to place the order, and not have to send the thing back.

We're not fools, we know what stupid games they're playing.

I know I'm getting old and crotchety, but more and more I'm finding life to be so "gimmicky", I guess is the word I want.  Everything is a gimmick, designed to draw in the consumer. Nothing can be straightforward anymore.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YES!   Wear it to the cotillion with your diamonds.....OR the PTA meeting with your sneaks!    Throw a blazer over it for work...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you. They also waste time running around the set looking for items to match a pair of pants or skirt the host may be selling, really annoying.

Contributor

I was saying I have to be sitting at my computer to be able to see the actual garment measurements.  I am not always at my computer.  When I am in another room watching TV, I have no idea what they mean by "petite."  

So, yes, it's easy to click on measurements if you are able to at the moment.  If not, forget it, because they aren't going to tell you until they get through telling you where to wear it, and even then they may not give size details.