Trusted Contributor

Re: Please post your fashion finds and details like we did last summer, Walmart, JCP, Macy's, etc.

I bought a navy and white tie-dye maxi skirt this summer at WalMart for 12 dollars. It is very soft and comfortable and of course navy goes with many colors. I will be able to wear it through October and November with a cardigan or jacket.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please post your fashion finds and details like we did last summer, Walmart, JCP, Macy's, etc.

On 8/8/2014 TY said:

I bought some high waisted skinny denim jeans at Target Canada. In the Mossimo brand I have to size up to a size 16 in these (in most brands I wear a size 14) as they are geared to younger women.

Women's High Rise Skinny Jeans Additional View 1

Women's High Rise Skinny Jeans Additional View 2

If you look online at the U.S. Target's website you'll see various high waisted skinny jeans and some high waisted junior sized demim leggings which I take a size 17 in them. As Target Canada does not have an e-commerce store, the selection of in store jeans is smaller but for $29.99 (same as the U.S. price) it's worth a look see as Target Canada got some new stock in for back to school.

One warning is that the length of the jeans can vary depending on the color, the medium wash was fine but the dark wash legs were 2 inches longer in length. Definitely try them on for fit before buying them.

Earlier this summer I bought some of their Mossimo high waisted distressed skinny jeans and junior denim leggings on clearance at Target Canada (they are online still at full price on Target's U.S. website) and bought identical pairs so I could turn some of them into capri jeans which I did and that I've been them wearing all summer long.

targets pants don't work on young people either. I had this discussion with my co worker and she's 22! she has the same problem that we do with the fit
Honored Contributor

Thank you, Andreatoo! (Love Canada, BTW) . . . . Yes, it is a good idea to hold the various colors up when in a store, and choose the longer (or shorter) of the same sizes in different colors. Good idea. Never thought of doing that.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 ROMARY said:

Thank you, Andreatoo! (Love Canada, BTW) . . . . Yes, it is a good idea to hold the various colors up when in a store, and choose the longer (or shorter) of the same sizes in different colors. Good idea. Never thought of doing that.

I can't take credit it was tyl! These boards are a little confusing the way the quotes run I know
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/9/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 8/8/2014 TY said:

I bought some high waisted skinny denim jeans at Target Canada. In the Mossimo brand I have to size up to a size 16 in these (in most brands I wear a size 14) as they are geared to younger women.

Women's High Rise Skinny Jeans Additional View 1

Women's High Rise Skinny Jeans Additional View 2

If you look online at the U.S. Target's website you'll see various high waisted skinny jeans and some high waisted junior sized demim leggings which I take a size 17 in them. As Target Canada does not have an e-commerce store, the selection of in store jeans is smaller but for $29.99 (same as the U.S. price) it's worth a look see as Target Canada got some new stock in for back to school.

One warning is that the length of the jeans can vary depending on the color, the medium wash was fine but the dark wash legs were 2 inches longer in length. Definitely try them on for fit before buying them.

Earlier this summer I bought some of their Mossimo high waisted distressed skinny jeans and junior denim leggings on clearance at Target Canada (they are online still at full price on Target's U.S. website) and bought identical pairs so I could turn some of them into capri jeans which I did and that I've been them wearing all summer long.

targets pants don't work on young people either. I had this discussion with my co worker and she's 22! she has the same problem that we do with the fit

Fit is definitely an issue with Target clothing so I always suggest trying them on in the store. Sometime their jeans can be off grain so the legs twist and identical pairs can fit differently too. Only the high waisted Mossimo jeans work for me, the mid rise gives me a muffin top and they are too low in the back rise. and usually too big in the waist.

I bought my husband a pair of Merona cargo shorts on clearance in a 32inch waist and he thought the waist was a bit snug so we went to the store and he bought a different color in a 32 inch waist that fit better because the waist was a bit bigger.

Target Canada isn't doing so well financially, they lost $1 billion dollars in their first year in Canada. I think part of the problem is also that they decided from the get go not to accommodate plus sized women or men by not carrying those sizes like Target in the U.S. and they never set up an e-commerce website and the U.S. Target website doesn't ship to Canada. Target stores in Canada only carry women's clothes up to an XXL or a size 18 in missy sizes. A lot of their clothes are cut small too so an XXL is really an XL.

That and empty shelves which weren't restocked quickly and many people who went to a Canadian Target store expecting a U.S. Target were disappointed enough not to go back. Whenever I visit a Target store in Canada, it's not usually very busy like the U.S. stores.

Valued Contributor

On 7/22/2014 depglass said:

I found a men's Wrangler khaki-olive shirt that I wear as a light jacket. As an ex-men's clothing buyer, I shop men's departments a lot. Like polo shirts, all my polo shirts are men's. They are longer and have better proportioned short sleeves. I don't look good in the cap sleeves you frequently find on women's polos.

I wear St. John's v-neck colored men's t-shirt in size small for my work out tops. They are longer and gives me that extra room I like in the chest. Price is less than the women's are too.

Valued Contributor

My find is from Penny's. Levi skinny leg jeans for $16 and Clark's shoes in black and brown for 29.99 each. Also my great find at Kohl's was colored jeans in fall and winter colors and weight for 4.99 each.

I wear sandals and heels in the summer but come winter I like a lower heeled shoe that can handle the winters. I just tossed out a pair that took a beating the last couple years.

Winter wardrobe, jeans, practical shoes & boots, sweatshirts, fleece jackets and sweaters. Don't need too much more than that for work.

Spring, summer and fall are my favorite times to wear clothes and winter is all about cozy and more casual for me. My coats are my big thing in winter.