Honored Contributor

Re: Please, no more spandex in clothes!

A bit of spandex is ok. I definitely like a bit in my jeans. I don’t need any in my tops, but I don’t mind it as long as it doesn’t make the top feel like rubber. 😱 I had that experience once. I don’t mind all cotton, but it can shrink & wrinkle. I prefer cotton with a bit of poly which helps maintain shape & color & lessens the chance of wrinkling & shrinking. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of spandex in my jeans, and even though none of my jeans have more than 1% spandex in them some have more stretch than others.  The more stretchy ones I don't like because I'm continually pulling them up unless I wear a belt with them.

I'll never buy Jeggings from the shopping channels .  They don't even look good on the models that don't have bird legs.  And I don't care what they say, they'll look like sausage casings on those of us that don't have bird legs.  Same for the pants I see sold on QVC & HSN.  If they look good on the host, I know they'll be tight on my legs.  What they're calling straight-leg pants are more like skinny jeans on me, and not in a good way.  

A little spandex to provide a little ease is one thing, but spandex so more people can squeeze their bodies into the clothing is a whole different story and not a good one.

Honored Contributor

Without a little spandex in denim, the knees would be very uncomfortable.  Some brands DO overdo it.

Esteemed Contributor

DG2 stretches terribly, wears thin bags out & rips because of the spandex.  Isaac says to never buy with more than 2% spandex.  Renee's line often has 16% spandex!

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

DG2 stretches terribly, wears thin bags out & rips because of the spandex.  Isaac says to never buy with more than 2% spandex.  Renee's line often has 16% spandex!

@barrel racer, I think 2% is the perfect ratio.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland