Trusted Contributor

Please help. How do I delete my twitter account? I have never used it.

I don't use twitter so I would like to delete my account. I am tired of getting stuff on my phone and I don't use it. Never tweeted. I can't figure it out from the twitter homepage.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please help. How do I delete my twitter account? I have never used it.

Deactivating your account

Deactivation puts your account in a queue for permanent deletion from Twitter. Deactivation is not available on mobile devices and must be done by accessing twitter.com on the web.

Note: If you are having an account issue (e.g. missing Tweets, incorrect follower or following counts, suspicious DMs or potential account compromise), deactivating and reactivating your account will not resolve it. Please refer to our troubleshooting articles or contact Support.

To deactivate your account:

1. Sign in to twitter.com on the web.
  2. Go to your Account settings and click on Deactivate my account at the bottom of the page.
  3. Read the account deactivation information. Click Okay, fine, deactivate account.
  4. Enter your password when prompted and verify that you want to deactivate your account.

Trusted Contributor

Mary, I feel stupid. I don't have account settings on my homepage. Is it hidden?

Esteemed Contributor

dperry it's on the upper right side. It's not under home. It looks like a maroon oval, unless you put in a picture. At the very bottom of your profile it has deactivate in red.

Trusted Contributor

Mary, thank you so much!!! It worked!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

You're welcome dperry! I'm glad I could help.