Frequent Contributor

Please...and as Susan Graver says...women are SMART!

Hi All:  

Saying this with a fair amount of LOVE but it needs to be said.  HOSTS - please stop trying to make the products into something they so clearly are NOT!  Sales is one thing.  Stating the upside of a product completely normal.  But after 30 minutes of listening to Jill Martin and Coco discuss the upside of $50 worth of packing cubes - I really thought they felt the audience was stupid.  

1. These are packing cubes - priced very high.  The patterns are "meh."  Amazon sells functional and appealing ones at a better price.  As does Container Store for a higher end and lifetime guarantee.  And Travel & Leisure calling them a good product could have been something paid for. And why is Jill screaming? Mess. I really felt the product was not worth much and the pitch too fake. Harsh - but I say that because it comes on the heels of my next point...........

2. The TSV of that Berkshire blanket cape for $34.95 - I actually heard a host say that one could wear it to dinner and have it mistaken for a MINK coat. It's a blanket. It's warm and cozy and its a blanket.  It looks nothing like fashion, style or a mink.  It should NOT be worn to dinner or anyplace other than a kid's soccer game if a coat is unavailable. 

The packing cube mess came on the heels of seeing the lovely Jennifer Coffey yelling about PooPourri with the vendor as though someone had won a prize.  

QVC - follow Susan Graver's lead here.  Women are smart. Stop talking down to us.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please...and as Susan Graver says...women are SMART!

The hosts are so animated they look like those crazy infomercial actors. It’s really getting out of hand. I don’t understand why QVC thinks this is appealing.

Honored Contributor

@Beautybella88    They had about 30 min to fill talking about packing cubes.  What would you say to fill the 30 min?  The problem is not an idiotic sales pitch but rather an overly lengthy, boring presentation.  The stuff that comes out of host's and vendor's mouths, if you actually pay attention, often doesn't even make sense.  I think people must mostly tune it out.

Jill Martin is hard to take for more than 5 minutes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Some of the hosts are so over the top and fake... If you watch too much you see the cracks in their presentations (same phrases and sayings, fake excitement etc) 

That's why it's best to just shop on line.  You know what you like. 

Regular Contributor

They are in character and the roles conditioned to. Presence not to be found. Stories, stories, stories.... would love to see how they do in stillness alone in a room sitting quietly for an hour...

Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this "chatter" is due to the presentations being way too long. It would take no longer than 10 minutes to give all the necessary information. As most of us here have stated over and over, more items with less nonsense chatter is preferred.

I don't really fault the hosts for things said. I can't imagine what would come out of my mouth if I spoke nonstop for 30 minutes. I'm sure I would have a few bloopers. QVC just needs to add more unique items with less time devoted to TSV's and specials. Most of us ultimately go online to purchase anyway.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Beautybella88    They had about 30 min to fill talking about packing cubes.  What would you say to fill the 30 min?  The problem is not an idiotic sales pitch but rather an overly lengthy, boring presentation.  The stuff that comes out of host's and vendor's mouths, if you actually pay attention, often doesn't even make sense.  I think people must mostly tune it out.

Mercy, if they ever paired Jill Martin with Rosina Grosso I think I just might lose my mind!!! 😩

Super Contributor

It's crazy of out control & an insult to customer's intelligence, thank goodness we have other shopping options. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Mercy, if they ever paired Jill Martin with Rosina Grosso I think I just might lose my mind!!! 😩

@pupwhipped    The mere thought is a true Halloween horror!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm at the point where I'm watching with the sound muted.  

I only watch when they are selling clothes .... no need to listen since everything is chic, looks amazing, stretches and recovers and provides coverage, makes your legs and neck look longer.  Fabric is always ultra, unique, luxe or supreme and everyone is wearing it so you must buy it.

If I see something of interest - I go come online.