Respected Contributor

I like them and have several pair. Please don't dictate what others should wear based on your biases.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen

Pleats? That sounds interesting! Can you post a picture from their website? (you in them would be lovely but not required Woman Very Happy)

Honored Contributor

Everything old is new again.  Gauchos, coulottes whatever they are calling them, they come around every few years.  If you don't like them fine, don't wear them.  But I think they look good on most women.  They work for wide range of fashion challenges.

Super Contributor

I will admit, I'm not a fan, and I won't be wearing them, but there are a lot of "fashion"items that I won't be wearing!

And the pics below aren't technically gauchos (QVC new arrivals)....but I just don't get the look 😳 ..... Undone hems, inside out cuffs....😕

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I'm much happier when I only worry about what I wear and don't concern myself with what everyone else is wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

I think for most women, gauchos are not flattering. If you)re tall and thin, they might work. For the rest of us I am reminded of a phrase my mother’s childhood friend’s brother used when describing those girls who wore this style. He called each of them a klutz in culottes.

Super Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

I just bought two pairs and they really look good on my curvy, hourglass shape. I'm tall so they work for me. You just have to get the right style and size. I had to size down to a 4 for the Gap pair; the 6 looked huge and big with all the pleats. The size 4 looks fabulous.

My grandma definitely did not wear gauchos.

I will add to my previous post saying I did not care for gauchos myself, that I did own a pair over twenty years ago, really looked more like a skirt....but I was a size 4 / 6 then and I looked good in more things then 😁

Honored Contributor

@racada

The Q is notorious for awful pants pics, regardless of style!

I would label those crops. In my head gauchos are generally NOT a wide leg (not skinny either), hit just below the knee and can be banded at the hem...

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NycVixen

Pleats? That sounds interesting! Can you post a picture from their website? (you in them would be lovely but not required Woman Very Happy)

Hi @Andreatoo. I actually posted a pic recently in a palazzo pant thread. I think you posted there. They fit very nicely if you get the right size.  The size 6 looked like there was too much material around the back and front due to the pleating. The 4 fit like the pic; very streamlined. I like that they can be worn both dressy or casual. If you check the reviews on Gap.com they are great.

High Rise Cropped Wide-Leg Pants in Linen

Color: blue stripe

product photo

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

LOL - just buy what you like and I'll do the same! Your tastes are not my tastes, so let's agree to disagree on what fashion works for each of us. We're all adults and can decide what we want to buy!