Regular Contributor

Please Help.?? Does anyone know??

H. !!!

I just purchased a sequined jacket that I saw Shawn and Lisa  present on the red carpet show. Item # A298372

I am so excited about it as I was able to get a size 4 that was originally sold out.

But is that right size for me?

I am going to my only niece's wedding in Florida at the end of October.

I wanted to wear all Black since I am very fair and very blonde. I will be sitting at the head table with my sister who is one year younger and the exact opposite....a very dark brunette.

I have been purchasing a gazillion things to wear to the wedding and I still, until I found thiis jacket haven't been able to make up my mind as to what to wear.

Since this affair is a big deal,  I wanted something very special to wear to it.

I already purchased a Bob Mackie midi skirt which seems like a million years ago since I did. I have been trying to find something to wear with it.

I'm only 5 " tall so on me it is a maxi. Item # A290710. I also purchased a Susan Graver top Item # A268412, amongst several others too many to mention. This particular top I purchased in XXS.(normally I am an XS or S in Susan Graver but the arm holes were gigantic so XXS was best. The SG top has a faux leather strip going across the chest which really actually looks like satin, not  leather.

Can anyone our there in QVC land look at the Bob Mackie skirt and the the Susan Graver top to see if those two will look OK with the sequined jacket I just purchased but have not received yet.

Also, I was wondering what Size Shawn and Lisa were wearing. Can anyone tell me how to E-Mail either Shawn or Lisa to ask what sizes they were wearing?

So.... Lisa jacket #A298372.…Susan Grander top A268412…..and Bob Mackie Midi on me Maxi A290710. What do you all think?????

I really value your opinons !¡!¡

Sorry this is so long but I really need a lot of HELP!!!!

Any feedback, good or bad would surely be appreciated. 

Thanks a bunch !!!....,Kat😀

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Help.?? Does anyone know??

@Kat 13,   I don't have time to look at all your items but if you wear a black sequin jacket, black skirt (pleaed would be nice) and you can wear a black sleeveless or short sleeve tee shirt.  I love the look of a tee shirt with a sequin jacket.  Earrings and perhaps a bangle on the wrist in gold.  Black shoes (a mid heel) I love the new tall square heel (Clarks is selling them.  Clarks has a black suede with ankle strap an dthis sleek but chunky heel in black.  Looks great.  Good luck and have fun at the wedding. Carry a small black clutch too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

The jacket looks beautiful and the skirt will pair perfectly.  If you are going to wear a tank top, I would not go for one with faux leather trim.  Is there a plain tank that coordinates with the BM skirt?

Have fun.

Esteemed Contributor

I looked up each item and they look like they would work together.  My only concern would be if the blacks are the same.  Sometimes there can be a difference.  As far as sizing, I guess you just have to go by the size chart.  Good luck and and have fun at the wedding.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Kat 13  I think that will be a beautiful outfit.  I have a black sequin jacket (similar to the LR jacket) that I purchased from HSN several years ago and I still enjoy wearing it.  I love that you chose a top with a square neckline and the length of the skirt is perfect.  Do you know what shoes you'll be wearing?  I would go simple with the jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Watching the video of the L.R. jacket, they are displaying a size "2" which indicates size of what the host/presenter would wear--which is a good sign.  Since there is no spandex in the sleeve--and L.R. sleeves are slightly snug in the past, you should be alright since a tank will be worn.   As one poster already mentioned...black comes in different subtle shades, some with red or blue undertones. 

To contact either lady, usually their personal Facebook is a good start.  Post pictures of your outfit at the wedding!    @Kat 13

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kat 13

Overall, I love your outfit...especially the sequined jacket (I hope it fits you!) and the Mackie skirt.  I actually like the fact that the skirt is a maxi (on you).   I'm with @lulu2 on the Graver tank, tho.   I'm not sure why except that I think the faux leather, even tho it looks like satin, will somehow clash, for lack of a better word, with the trim on the jacket.   The jacket and skirt makes the outfit!  Hope you have a wonderful time on the special day!   Post a pic!!  Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Contributor

I was unable to view the jacket, as it is sold out. The tank and skirt would look great together, provided they are the same shade of black. For myself, I would not put a tee-shirt with this outfit. if you want the skirt to be shorter, you can always hem it. I would leave it the lengh shown on the motel. I would try to find shoes with a few sequins on them. Hope this helps.  Have fun!  You will look fabulous!

Regular Contributor

Dear Trudey,

This was another problem., The shoes,, AND I wear a size 5...Very hard to find in dress shoes!!

I now have 3 pairs that I bought.

One pair of Jessica Simpson simple pumps ..Black leather platforms 4 1/2 heels,

And two similar platform PATENT Leather pumps

(I have to have platform and higher heel.....Remember I am only 5' tall!!!!,)

..,Guess and Chinese Laundry. Also a pair of her expensive Vince Cumuto slingback

41/2 inch sling back open toe black with silver crystals all over them.

These I think will be overload sparkle. 

I think the plain leather or patent leather will be better.

But..,

I can't decide Patent or Regular Leather ....

Help...,

What do you all think ???