Honored Contributor

I got some recs from my reg surgeon about plastic surgeons. She did my double mastectomy after being dx with breast cancer. I went to plastic surg for a consult but ultimately decided not to go forward with recon---way too much surgery and healing time, about a year. I am very happy flat!! But would do some facial stuff if my money tree was blooming! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I would go thru my own family Dr. All kinds of kooks you never know

Super Contributor

@wagirlwrote:

I got some recs from my reg surgeon about plastic surgeons. She did my double mastectomy after being dx with breast cancer. I went to plastic surg for a consult but ultimately decided not to go forward with recon---way too much surgery and healing time, about a year. I am very happy flat!! But would do some facial stuff if my money tree was blooming! Woman Wink

Thank you, wagirl. Appreciate your response. God bless and best of health going forward....

Super Contributor

@CatsyClinewrote:

try realself dot com.    you can search by the type of PS you want.  there is a forum too and lots of patients posting their befores and afters. and they give ratings too . and you can locate a PS close to your area. you may not even need to go into the city.  what are you looking to have done?

always have at least 2 consults if not 3 or even 4 - and always make sure the surgeon is Board Certifiied in the specific plastic surgery you desire.  for example  Don't go to a Nose surgeon for an eyelift and if you want a face lift definately Stay Away away from the guys who do the Lifestyle Lifts.

also see if there are reviews of the PS on yelp, google, realself... one I have been to had a lot of bad reviews...I only read them after

Thank you very much, miimosa! This is really helpful, I had never heard of this site.  Much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

I"d do a LOT of research.  I'd also not choose the less expensive physician.  Google and also ask for recommendations.  I'd only go to a board certified plastic surgeon of the highest boards!  Good luck.

A good FP/ GP or IM can also recommend one.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"