Honored Contributor

Plaid skirts that had a large pin on it in teen years

Had a flash back of that skirt for some reason. I love red plaid and don't own a stitch of it. I guess as the weather cools down, these types of looks seem to come out. There was a slit in the skirt, and it was held together with this oversized pin. I really liked the way it looked.

Is there a look in styles you recall that you'd like to see today, or just some you remember?

Respected Contributor

Re: Plaid skirts that had a large pin on it in teen years

I had one of those skirts you are referring to...back in the 60's. Takes me back ! Thanks for the memory jog.
Honored Contributor

Recall plaid jumper, Probably 1966. Gold with Black.😊
Esteemed Contributor

I remember those skirts. We called them kilts since they so resembled the Scottish garment. I also remember what we called flare skirts. I made one in sewing class in 7th grade. They were mid calf and flared out from the waist. I also remember shirtwaist dresses. The top resembled a shirt and the bottom usually flared out but there also were shirtwaist dresses with straight skirts. 

Super Contributor

I being in the Philly area I watched Jerry Blavit which was somewhat like American Bandstand and the trend was black and brown saddle shoes, sleeveless maroon or navy blue v neck sweater over a white blouse and either a straight skirt or aline skirt.  Had to be '65/'66.  

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Oops, hit a spoiler button by mistake.

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone remember white leather collars? You put a scarf through the openings on each side in the front.

Respected Contributor

Funny that I was mentioning this to DH the other day. I had a Black Watch tartan skirt with the big pin. We thought we were so stylish then.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ahh, yes....the kilt was popular in our h.s. in the early and mid-1960's....we had to kneel on the floor and have the skirt touch or it was manadated "too short" to wear at school.  Also sewed myself a lot of wrap around skirts with the tie belt.  As a teen of the '60's" I fondly remember madras in shorts, skirts, jumpers, shirts, and jackets.  It was everywhere.  Think what I miss the most is my cordovan colored penny loafers!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sure remember this skirt and loved it!!  Mine was a red plaid.

I also remember the saddle shoes....loafers w/penny......circle pins......skirts and sweaters......remember the angora (?) ones?

Good times......good memories.

P.S.  Just saw post from Blk&GoldFan......MADRAS....oh my gosh, yes!!!!  Lots of it!