Honored Contributor

Do you like them? Have you purchased one? I had one in my cart weeks ago in TJ Maxx. It was soft, in neutral colors, not oversized. I don't like the oversized ones with giant chest pockets.

I think they can be cute and are perfect for Fall weather. Second one is from LL Bean, I like the shape-it isn't boxy.

download.jpeg

511020_7749_41.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer vests for cooler weather, and yes, I have some.  I love plaids!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Love that L.L.Bean one~very smart looking, and not boxy or bulky, as you said. Very nice. I like the blk/whte/gray also...I feel I'd wear that coloration more than browns which I only wear occasionally and only in the month of Oct! I'd wear that LLBean tho' all fall and transition late winter into spring too...whereas I'd never wear brown then!

Honored Contributor

I have one shacket by Ralph Lauren in black, red, and white.  Those are very nice.

"Oversized" is going to leave us quickly.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 --- I bought one from JCPenney a couple weeks ago----was a spur of the moment purchase---- will be returning it as the plaid doesn't match at the side seams and it is part wool-- needs to be dry cleaned----and the dang thing was $80!  Kicking myself for spur of the moment-----Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Both jackets are lovely and perfect for cool fall weather!  I love the colors in the plaids and the styles.  They look comfortable and stylish, very nice!

Honored Contributor

My first thought was "What is a shacket?", but I think I've figured it out.  A shortened form of "shirt jacket"?  Crazy made-up words.

I think they look nice, but I'd just call them a jacket!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have one shacket by Ralph Lauren in black, red, and white.  Those are very nice.

"Oversized" is going to leave us quickly.

And hopefully take big, bulky, baggy, mom jeans, and cropped wide "scarecrow" jeans with it! Jmho. Smiley Happy

Can, mayyyybe, be styled cute for fun, trendy on the very thin & young, b'cuz they can and should play around with everything...but...goofy, and schlumpy on the rest of us.

Esteemed Contributor

No, too lumberjacky for my taste.

I generally prefer single color jackets, but I do have a few prints.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Plaid Shackets

[ Edited ]

I like a Sam Edelman Plaid Teddy coat better.  It's available at Nordstrom -- softer look.  

For some reason I am not comfortable in plaids.