Honored Contributor
I like the LLBean jacket, (lol, I refuse to use the made-up name of shacket, tho). I know you are not the one naming it that, however. I'm just over made-up names for things, in general. Just another of my pet peeves.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor
Having recently purchased, then rapidly donating a plaid jacket. I am going to pass on plaid for myself.

I love the look of plaid...just not the reality of how plaid looks on me. Too much bosom & too wide of shoulders.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Frequent Contributor
Yes! I’m in! Did not think I would be until I tried one in at Marshals. Beautiful solid color in sky blue. I sized down so it would be a comfortable fit for layering but not so oversized. Will be perfect with black turtleneck and black pants or jeans. Couple weeks later found two more in the junior section of Marshals. One is a crop d cream and black plaid that is super cute with black turtleneck. The other is a cream, olive and gold plaid that is longer and I will wear with an olive T shirt. Spent $75 total for all three and will enjoy the trend!
Esteemed Contributor

IRe: Plaid Shackets

[ Edited ]

I have two plaid shirt jackets from Pendleton and they are very nice this time of year.  DH and 2 sons both have a number of Pendleton board or lodge shirts which they live in from now through Spring.  Nothing beats Pendleton and once you know them ( and their patterns) you recognize them on t.v.; last night the actor on Big Sky who plays the blonde's boyfriend, was wearing one.  I live in the mountains and most guys wear a lot of plaid and you can easily tell a high quality plaid shirt.

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1I agree about these made up names and abbreviations.

How about hoodies, cardies, camies, shooties? So annoying and

just sounds lazy to me and not cute, clever, cool or intelligent. My kids wore hood sweatshirts. I wear shirt jackets, cardigans, camisoles and shoe boots or ankle boots.

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I am a retired master teacher and called the top stylist where I live. 

I don't see high waisted jeans leaving soon, but denim looks better as well.   Muffin tops and "whale tails" ( girl's underwear)  being exposed killed low riders for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

Heavens no.  No plaid for me.  On another note, I think I can still wear what I have from seasons gone by (hopefully).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I don't believe these qualify as 'shackets' especially the L.L. Bean.

Aren't you supposed to be able to wear them as a shirt also? These qualify as jackets in my book.

As for the question I'm not a fan of wearing one shirt open over another one as a jacket. I need more structure from a jacket for myself 

Honored Contributor

I have never worn one and don't intend to.  They are too boxy and masculine for my taste.

My husband wears them often and has quite a few.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl   I know the feeling!  Just be glad that you bought it locally, and not from the Q, otherwise, you'd be paying shipping to and from, and then really kicking yourself!

......You look like I need a drink.....