Honored Contributor

Re: Plaid Blazer, Striped Top, Camo Pants

good grief----maybe she got dressed in the dark----

Honored Contributor

She's missing a flowered hat and a python print bag.  The whole fad leaves me cold.  

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I grew up not being 'allowed' by my sister to mix my prints!  She refused to walk to school with me if I had plaid and polka dots on....or green and red or other mixtures of colors she said didn't go together!  LOL  Yes, she sent me back in to change.

Now?  Wear anything you like seems to be the norm and totally acceptable! 

I would be all set in this day and age if I was 7 again!  But no, can't get past it and will not mix ANTHING!  I would not wear that outfit or anything similiar.

@RespectLife   Mixing prints such as florals, dot, checks, plaids, textures can be a tricky business.  I learned (during my short studies of design) that it has to be the right size, right color and right textures in order to work together and I suggest that having them all made at the same factory and designed to work together is what "Mother Knows Best."  Otherwise, it would be near impossible.  I do have a black/white and print dot silk scarf, a black/white diagonal stripe camisole, a small black check jacket and some black dot shoes that work well together.  It was not by design but after collecting so many clothes through the years, something is bound to work together.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear that outfit, but the conflicting print problem isn't really that much of a problem for me.  I just don't like any of the components, therefore I don't like the whole.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I wouldn't wear those items together.  What I noticed first was that the plaid jacket was waay too big for her, then I noticed the mishmash of prints.  But, it all works for her. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm all for mixing prints, but I must have a grounding color that unites them all.  The top and jacket are fantastic.  But the camo pants just look weird to me. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I would.  I really love camo.

Honored Contributor

Love her, but the outfit is kind of awful.