Honored Contributor

Plaid Blazer, Striped Top, Camo Pants

Naomi Watts. Would you wear those three things together? The plaid is very subtle, you have to zoom the picture to see it. 

091819-LOTD-Naomi-Watts-embedd.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Plaid Blazer, Striped Top, Camo Pants

I would wear it with a plain T-shirt but it is cute on her.

Honored Contributor

I grew up not being 'allowed' by my sister to mix my prints!  She refused to walk to school with me if I had plaid and polka dots on....or green and red or other mixtures of colors she said didn't go together!  LOL  Yes, she sent me back in to change.

Now?  Wear anything you like seems to be the norm and totally acceptable! 

I would be all set in this day and age if I was 7 again!  But no, can't get past it and will not mix ANTHING!  I would not wear that outfit or anything similiar.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 see a lot of menswear mixed with prints, stripes, etc.  Usually looks great.  Same for women I think.

Esteemed Contributor

I love, love, love Naomi Watts. She's right up at the top of my list for favorite actors.

That being said, not only could I not leave the house in that get-up, I couldn't wear it within the confines of my own home. What might (???) work for Naomi would make me appear as a homeless woman.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I grew up not being 'allowed' by my sister to mix my prints!  She refused to walk to school with me if I had plaid and polka dots on....or green and red or other mixtures of colors she said didn't go together!  LOL  Yes, she sent me back in to change.

Now?  Wear anything you like seems to be the norm and totally acceptable! 

I would be all set in this day and age if I was 7 again!  But no, can't get past it and will not mix ANTHING!  I would not wear that outfit or anything similiar.

that's such a sister thing 

Respected Contributor

As @RespectLife said, I would not mix prints.   To me, IMO, this looks as if she got dressed in the dark.

Esteemed Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 see a lot of menswear mixed with prints, stripes, etc.  Usually looks great.  Same for women I think.

@tobes I agree with you. I'd put a pinstriped shirt with this outfit. Or possibly another striped tee. The one in the photo looks very so-so to me. 

Regular Contributor

I like all but the camo pants.  To my eye, it's just too much.

Love the jacket and hat.

Esteemed Contributor

Though she looks really cute, I personally do not like the camo.

Cogito ergo sum