Honored Contributor

Re: Placement prints poorly placed??

I find them to be hilarious at times ... most of them end up looking like x-ray images or ultra sound images.  

One actually looked like a skeleton outline on the front and back.  

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with the front.  Unless it is because the medallians are not centered? 

The back is a deal breaker for me, though.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I like it on the model.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoowrote:

I suspect @Lipstickdiva 's head may explode but I'm posting it anyway! lol

I don't believe I've seen a shoddier job than this. One World comes close but at least they give you a heads up in the description

Venus poor pp.png

But wait! there's more!

venus poor pp 2.png

I can overlook a plaid or stripe not lining up at a seam but this is ridiculous! It's like they couldn't be bothered to even try!

Oh dear. My first thought was Gabriella Papadakis and her unfortunate wardrobe malfunction at the Olympics.  She certainly handled it like a true pro--the show must go on!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me the front is not bad at all. But the back is not good. I'd take a black magic marker and black out that center design near the small of her back...lol!Woman LOL I've actually done that before but only on a very small inconspicuous area.

Honored Contributor

The model is beautiful which she makes the top look even better. Honestly the top looks great on her. No it’s a big Nay for my body.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I agree with those that think the" misplacement is done deliberately, and I agree too, that it looks interesting on the model.  Of course, she's so attractive she could carry off just about anything.

The bold look of this top would look just plain awful on me.  I'd be self-conscious wearing it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The back is a disaster.  I also  think that in most cases, placement prints are not meant to be draped and/or twisted, hence the word "placement."  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

It's $39 and has 4.2 out of 5 stars! I don't do a lot of prints admittedly so I just never thought to check those things but I just looked at the back of my dress, a paisley print I wore yesterday, to make sure the back wasn't wonky! LOL fortunately it's fine.

It's a drag because if I do do a print I'm attracted to paisley which is why I was taking a closer look at that top!

Honored Contributor

I watched the London Fashion thing hosted by the Duchess Kate Middleton and Count Sophie of Wessex which Anna Wintour attended.  Anna' prints did not match at the back where they came together.  So maybe this is a new deal.  Dresses made abroad are unable to be matched because of somebody not being able to cut or measure properly.  Couture should be done by hand.  Anything that cost over $5000-$10,000 for a dress should have matched.