Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pippa's Temperley London Gown

@Bird mama wrote:

IMHO Pippa's dress is not the worse thing I've ever seen.  For me, there is something about the pattern near the top of the dress that isn't flattering.  It's either the swirl design below the tie (at the neck) or the way the sleeves connect.  Maybe I'm used to sleeves that start at a seam right at the shoulder, I don't know.

As it is, this dress, to my eye makes Pippa look like she has a thick neck and no shoulders.  It also makes her head look big..

@Bird mama  And don't you think there is too much length of straightness from the belt down to where the flare starts? If the flare had started up higher maybe she wouldn't look like such a long flat no hips/no waist straight up and down board. Just very weird proportions.

Honored Contributor

I saw this on Yahoo. I really dislike this dress and her hair doesn't look great......I really think she missed the mark on this!!!!

Honored Contributor

Dreadful.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 

I took a look at this again this morning and feel bad I was so critical of her.  

However, it is hard to understand how she could have looked in the mirror and thought she looked great.

Someone mentioned she might be sleep deprived, and I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt Cat Very Happy

She looks so pleased with herself, I just feel guilty trashing her dress!

Honored Contributor

With a few alterations, it could be nice! 

Change the neckline, a little clavicle showing isn't too risque.  Get rid of the flouncy ruffled sleeves.

Hair down and styled with a little va-voom.

She'd look great!

Respected Contributor

Pippa looks pretty. I like the color combination in the gown.

Honored Contributor

It's all right. I don't love it by any stretch and I don't hate it. It does, however, look more like a house dress than a gown for a formal event and I wouldn't opt to wear it to one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Not flattering to anyone.  She should consult with Kate before she even thinks of wearing something like this.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It's all right. I don't love it by any stretch and I don't hate it. It does, however, look more like a house dress than a gown for a formal event and I wouldn't opt to wear it to one.

It's called the Canopy Evening Dress and is made from tulle and organza (nylon and silk, apparently) with very intricate embroidery. I think if one saw it in person, it wouldn't look at all like a house dress. There is a whole "Canopy" collection, including shorter dresses and skirts with a similar pattern. According to the description on the Temperley site, "this compelling evening dress is detailed high-contrast embroidery depicting key inspirations of the season - graphics from Tibetan tiger rugs and striking botanicals." The black version is out of stock, but the white version is still available and deeply discounted! Smiley Happy It received positive write-ups from a few places, including Harper's Bazaar.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I need to move to England nobody eats over there.

Home of Twiggy.