Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The company that makes it is called Sweaty Betty lol. $84. Pippa writes a column for a grocery store magazine. She talked about swimming for exercise during pregnancy. She's very athletic, I believe she has done marathons. 

It looks like it's good for swimming.

sb1077a-oxbloodcolourblock-1532789641.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21  Also her bust is probably quite large from breast engorgement of pregnancy and only someone seeking unnecessary attention would want a low-neck swimsuit in her third trimester.  I think Kate and Pippa were raised properly to dress properly.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't care for the color combination and I cannot stand a high neckline on a bathingsuit. 

I bought a high neck suit one time.  I wore it on the boat once.  I couldn't even stand to wear it in our hottub.  I kept tugging at the neck to pull it away.  It just bugged me. 

@Lipstickdiva  This, I believe, was meant for pregnant women and what decent woman wants her engorged breasts of third trimester hanging out for the world to critique.  She has class.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Pippa's Swimsuit

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't care for the color combination and I cannot stand a high neckline on a bathingsuit. 

I bought a high neck suit one time.  I wore it on the boat once.  I couldn't even stand to wear it in our hottub.  I kept tugging at the neck to pull it away.  It just bugged me. 

@Lipstickdiva  This, I believe, was meant for pregnant women and what decent woman wants her engorged breasts of third trimester hanging out for the world to critique.  She has class.

It’s not a maternity suit. Pippa is an athletic, fit woman, and I hardly think it would be scandalous if she had chosen a suit with a lower neckline (that is, I don’t think she has hugely engorged breasts that would be “hanging out”). The neckline/shoulder area is interesting, and the back of the suit is quite different as well. I don’t dislike a higher neckline on a swimsuit and like a lot of the details on this one. It also comes in a black/gray color block (with slightly different color blocking), which I didn’t like as much as this one (called oxblood, with what looks to be a melon colored trim).

ETA: Sweaty Betty is, as you might guess, a women’s fitness/active line. Somewhat comparable, I would think, to LuLu, Athleta, or Title Nine.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Nonametoday, if you look at the photo above, her breasts don't look large at all. 

As someone else said, this is not a maternity swimsuit.  And if you look at the Sweaty Betty suits, many of them have a high neckline.

There is also a lot in between a neckline that comes up to your throat and something more scooped but still modest.