Frequent Contributor

When I did a close up of the skimmers, they showed a lot of pilling. Do you think this garment will pill after washing?

Honored Contributor

I find the mere suggestion that cotton and Spandex would pill to be ridiculous.  I've owned dozens and dozens of D&C pants and never had a single pair pill. Ever. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There are things you can do to help limit pilling such as launder clothes inside out, wash using gentle cycle and launder with like fabrics. All of that and you may still get some pilling...it just happens more less with certain types of fabric, especially blends.

ETA - Add vinegar to your final rinse and that will also help limit pilling.

Esteemed Contributor

They're knit not woven, so there is a chance of pilling.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I didn't know that about laundering.  Thanks for the tip!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee  do you know if vinegar is ok for frequent use in the washing machine, or does it have corrosive properties with the washing machine?  When I was growing up my brother and I both had eczema. My mother would use ivory detergent because it was all you could get at the time for allergy sufferers and then she would final rinse with vinegar. But I seem to recall her being concerned about using it frequently. Just wondering if the actual "mom information" was fact, or if that was just an old wives tale. Thanks in advance have a good weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find the mere suggestion that cotton and Spandex would pill to be ridiculous.  I've owned dozens and dozens of D&C pants and never had a single pair pill. Ever. 

@Kachina624 I find that you must be incredibly fortunate because my cotton and spandex D&C pants pill with wear.  Wherever there is friction (from handbags, legs, etc.), there is pilling.

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@SilleeMee  do you know if vinegar is ok for frequent use in the washing machine, or does it have corrosive properties with the washing machine?  When I was growing up my brother and I both had eczema. My mother would use ivory detergent because it was all you could get at the time for allergy sufferers and then she would final rinse with vinegar. But I seem to recall her being concerned about using it frequently. Just wondering if the actual "mom information" was fact, or if that was just an old wives tale. Thanks in advance have a good weekend!

@ajsidney12 

Vinegar used in the washer is fine. It gets diluted enough with the rinse water for it to cause corrosion.

Super Contributor

Good grief, RELAX! Your aggressive comments all over the place are ridiculous .... 

Super Contributor
Really good advice about the laundry. I am going to begin putting things "inside out" before I toss them in the laundry basket so that I don't forget on laundry day. Thank you.