Super Contributor

Re: Phrases used during fashion shows

[ Edited ]

@manny2  "The fabric is not cheap and flimsy, but rather substantial, yet so lightweight" This cracked me up! I love this whole thread.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This faux fur suede coat lined with faux sable and attached faux leather buttons that will scream money will keep you toasty warm in the winter and the colder months of spring and fall.  Wear it right through June, July and August when you'll be glad you have it in those restaurants and movie theaters that have AC blowin' freezing cold air on you. Yes, it's a four season coat for sure.  I bought ten of them as Christmas gifts for all my female friends and relatives.  I have 50 of _______________ (fill in the vendor's name) coats and can't wait to see what his upcoming TSV is. I'll let you in on a little secret even though my producer is yelling in my ear NOT to give any hints, but here goes because I never listen to my producer anyway. If faux silk is your thing, then you'll be mighty happy this Sunday night when we kick off our only FAUX SILK TSV of the year. And did I say it's the start of our 24 hour Fashion Day when we'll present our TSV over and over again, every spare minute we can. But be sure to get in early because what we have is our only order of the year and even though we bought a boatload of the TSV, we know it'll sell out quickly. especially in your size and favorite color.  And once they're gone, they're gone, so don't wait because you don't want to wake up on Tuesday morning wishing you had ordered early on Monday. 

Respected Contributor

"You can throw it on and go."   I never throw clothes on.  I'm never in that much of a hurry.

"The fabrication is so soft."  Fabric, not fabrication.

One vendor says, "lenth," not length.  Same vendor who constantly talks over everyone.

As one poster already stated, the "...I'm obsesssssed with..." line.

"This is the only one I ever use," not remembering she said that about another product.

You know we can go on all day with this!!!!!  HA HA HA!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@mb141312 wrote:

"jjujj" (not sure how it's spelled).  As in "jjujj up the sleeves".

I often jjujj my sleeves....

none of these phrases surprise me or bother me in the least.

Sales people of any line will try to see what resonates with buyers.

I've heard that term my whole life. @RespectLife  @mb141312 I guess the hosts on QVC have discovered the term pretty recent.  It sounds forced especially when the younger hosts are saying it. It's spelled Zhuzh.  

I grew up on the Lower EastSide in NYC and all the shop keepers would tell us to Zhuzh up the sleeves when we would be shopping in the stores. 

I wonder if they got the term from a New Yorker like Isaac or Susan or Dennis. I've heard Gravel say it and it sounds particularly funny coming from her.

Honored Contributor

It's so "boutique" .

Valued Contributor

I think it's hilarious that these millennials rename something that's been around before and then claim they invented it! Yep, sure ya did. 

Valued Contributor

I fully agree, well said. I wish they would stop saying it too. Money doesn't impress me, good, God loving people do though.

Valued Contributor

Yes, she is bad about that and the constant "yachty" not one single item of hers looks "rich" truth is most of her clothes are cheap and not worth half of what she asks for.

Valued Contributor

Don't forget the famous, " this is giving me -------- vibes" so many vibes going on Im surprised their teeth aren't chipped! hahahaha

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Frenchlop wrote:

@manny2  "The fabric is not cheap and flimsy, but rather substantial, yet so lightweight" This cracked me up! I love this whole thread.

@Frenchlop wrote:

@Frenchlop They try to cover every base. 

Over the weekend on a jewelry show the host put on a yellow diamond ring, and a diamond band. They did not fit together well. It took her a minute to look in the monitor, and see what we were seeing. She then said oh I like that they don't fit  (something to that effect) it's a very rustic look. So rustic she changed and put on a different ring with a different cut that did fit much better. 

They will say anything to sell.