Super Contributor
On 3/18/2015 willomenia said: Her apt is as messy as she is!

It's a total mess, which suits her to a "t".

Trusted Contributor

To each his/her own. I can appreciate almost all decorating styles, but not crazy about her apartment. But, all that is important is that it makes her happy. And, she's comfortable enough in her own skin to do exactly what she likes. To me, it looks like my basement.......

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

Where's the mess? The only things out of place is the neatly stacked books on her footstool. There's nothing else stacked anywhere - there's space between her items, nothing's crowded. I love that she collects geodes (rocks) along with designer pieces. Her apartment is just like her, and I think it's great that she's fearless enough to not follow the latest "in" thing even in her home.

Trusted Contributor
Not my style at all. Way too much clutter. I better understand her fashion sense now as I consider her clothing too ""cluttered"" also with all the layering. Just too much ""stuff"" for my taste.
Valued Contributor

That was interesting!

Trusted Contributor

Not even remotely my style. Nor are her clothes! . But your home is your castle and should be designed to reflect who you are. This probably reflects Lori's esthetic extremely well.

Esteemed Contributor
A hot mess of some very nice pieces. To each their own. I like everything best, but It makes her happy. That explains the layers of clothing with everything mess match. She is a bohemiun artist. Was proberly a hippie in her younger days or an Earth Cookie as we call far out people.
Esteemed Contributor

Very revealing! A lot of whimsy. She'd probably faint from boredom if she ever entered my home. But, it would be fun to visit in hers!

My 1st husband (RHS) used to decorate like that. He was an antiques lover and he would scatter them all over and it kept your eye busy with them and all the other trappings. The living room, though, was clean and formal, as it was my music room.

Respected Contributor
Interesting. Everything in her home she name drops where it is from.
Valued Contributor

it's exactly like i pictured it would be. it's totally her.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel