Honored Contributor

Re: Pg 2: I am a nincompoop - 9/25/21...

@MacDuFF Love this thread each time!

#1 pants kind of remind me of a Navajo blanket pattern, sorry!

I LOVE agryle so the sweater vest is a big YES from me!

Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you like look #1? Thought you looked great. I also like the vest and would wear it as you have or with gray jeans/gray boots I have. Look #2 just seems too big on you.

When I mess up on a purchase I give it a couple of days, try it with different items and if it's still in the "what was I thinking" category i get rid of it fairly quickly. Just happened. Bought a buffalo plaid jacket because I liked the color. Tried it on and hated it...too big, no shape and it's PLAID!!! Spouse comes in says he loves it, so I don't send back. You guessed it, I will never ever wear it. Already in the donate bag.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

My humble opinion....you look lovely no matter what and thank you for teaching me how to spell nincompoop. 

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrd   I suppose I should be happy that my NCPoop moments are few and far between...it used to be a regular occurrence.  And you know Murphy's Law...as soon as you let the ball gown go, the invite will arrive by coach haha.

@RoughDraft   Thanks RD.   ITA...it's liberating to rid your closet of mistakes, but does it have to happen 24 hrs after purchase??  (You'll probably get the Cinderella Ball invite, too!)

@author   Glad you got a good laugh...laughter is good medicine!  I'm glad I'm not alone.  Those loafers are really nice...I need to wear them more often.

Thanks @LizzieInSRQ   It might be a case of just because one can doesn't mean one should.  I just can't understand why I buy something that I should know is not me.  

@GrailSeeker   Oh, that's a great story!  Hey, I know!  Let's open a bar and call it Argyle's.  We could have everything be argyle...napkins, floor tile, curtains, bar top.  We could probably get Love my grandkids to partner with us just so she could wear argyle every day haha.   Wear anything argyle and get a free drink...except argyle underwear.  I absolutely do not want to see argyle undies thankyouverymuch!!

Thanks @Catiele  :wave:

@FancyPhillyshopper   I do love to experiment and try different styles, which is one reason I like thrifting so much...I can experiment and not break the bank.  You have a good point about love, wear, and/or want.  I admit I didn't love those Aztec crops, but they were unusual.  And I thought I'd wear them, but wasn't sure.  So I think I just wanted them, but I'll be darned if I know why.   I've never called another shopper a nincompoop...at least, not out loud!  

@Love my grandkids   Yes!  Navajo blanket!  Do I really want to wear a pair of jeans that look like a Navajo blanket?  Nope.

@kate2357   I think the Navajo blanket Aztec pattern is just toooooo too much.  It's a similar feeling to your buffalo plaid jacket...nothing wrong with plaid (or Navajo blanket pattern), but you don't like it on you.  I have grey knee high boots...I'm going to try an outfit with the vest...thanks for the idea!

Thanks @cindyNC   :flowers:

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

You look perfectly fine in #1 and #3, but donating them up is certainly up to you. I think the second one overwhelms your frame, but a bigger person might be delighted to find it on the rack.

Contributor

You look fantastic in every outfit!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

How about these boots?  (Always on the lookout for you with some "denim friendly" looks).

Trusted Contributor

MacDuff,

First, I would like to complement you on your style of writing. your great figure, ( how do you keep so trim?)  and your humor. 

Second, I must be your non twin because I have done the same nincompoop purchases.  However, with your cute figure you look great in everything you modeled!

Honored Contributor

I read the entire post before I realized it was you.  Nice to hear that someone so well put together makes the same mistakes we idiots out here do.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking he was counting on a few free drinks.