Super Contributor

Pg 2: Embracing Linen - 9/18/21...

A few times a week, I turn on the radio (K-LOVE), open my closet doors, and spend an hour or so "playing" in my closet.  I try different outfit combinations, purge, organize, take pics, mend, iron, etc.  I escape from the world for a while and think about fashion and style...no epiphanies...nothing intellectually stimulating...just thinking creatively and unwinding.  Thought I'd share some of those pics and thoughts here...

I know this subject has been discussed here dozens of times, but I never paid much attention cuz I refused to wear linen.  Wrinkles...UGH!  I've only been wearing linen this summer and last when I discovered Chico's no-iron linen.  I always hated the wrinkles, but linen is a necessity here in the sweltering hot/humid south. 

We're still in summer clothes in my neck of the woods.  So, I've learned to embrace it, but not too tightly 'cuz...wrinkles!! haha.

These comfy beachy linen pants from Chico's are not their no-iron, but...shocker...they hardly wrinkle at all.  A huge surprise for pants one sits in most of the day. 

These are the second pair of printed pants I own...I'm not a big fan of printed pants!  I'm also not a fan of big flower prints.  These have a mix of big and small flowers...the bigger flowers aren't overpowering, right?  I'd really like your opinions on these linen pants.

20210816_151035.jpg

The necklace is from Chico's, too...very denim friendly...

20210801_151625.jpg

I like woven linen the best.  The few wovens I've had hardly wrinkled at all.  Like this EF woven linen in a great color that just happens to go with the Chico's as well as denim.

I like to have at least two ways to style pieces, but, curious, which of these two outfits do you like best?

20210816_151646.jpg

Linen...do you love it?  Hate it?  Hate it, but wear it anyway cuz you live in a hot/humid climate?  Love/hate relationship?  Do you iron it or let it go natural?  

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Pg 2: Embracing Linen - 9/18/21...

@MacDuFF I think both photos are great. I don't like patterned pants but those are very well done! Love the necklace.

Valued Contributor

I love linen! And these pants look very good on you. I normally don't care for florals but these are very nice. I like both tops but I believe my favorite is the white shirt.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF   You look great in both... fresh and summery.  The print in blue and white is a great background for either blouse.

Linen reminds me of my mother....in her later years when it was a challenge to get around she still wore her pressed linen.  I was always astonished at her resolution to remain true to her fashion sense when most would have long given in to soft slacks and tees.  I'm sure she would have treasured Chico's no-iron version.  I inherited her love of this high maintenance material.  I love white linen pants with a white top on a hot summer day.  

Enjoy your outfits and your escape from the challenges of our world...fun to play with fashion! Thank you for sharing your joy with us.

Honored Contributor

You look really good in both outfits but my favorite is with the white top.  I love linen as it is so compfy and light.  The wrinkling --- I don't worry about it too much!  You can spend an hour ironing it and it will wrinkle in a second, so unless it comes out of the wash really bad, I don't!  I just hang it up and hope for the best! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I think the print works because its on a white background and the flowers are not huge. Both tops work, but my favorite look is the sweater with the sneaks. Looks effortless and pulled together.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

I like linen, especially linen cotton blend. Linen wrinkles a little, but it's still wearable. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Love the linen pants on you. Very cute print.  You look great in both outfits!

i haven’t purchased linen clothing in years remembering all the wrinkles but maybe I should try one of the new non wrinkle linens. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF, you look wonderful! I really enjoyed seeing your pretty outfits.Heart

I have always worn linen. The wrinkles don't bother me but I confess to ironing any of the linen clothing I own before wearing. I have a linen pink blouse that I love to wear in the summer months with a pair of drawstring linen pants. It seems to be a favorite as I got asked where I bought it countless times this summer from perfect strangers.

Super Contributor

@MacDUFF, you're so stylish. You are a ten and I'm on the opposite end of that scale, but I thank you for inspiring me. I like you in the white shirt. It looks cooler.