Highlighted
Super Contributor

Pg 2 9/4/21: Tees with a little pizazz...

[ Edited ]
A few times a week, I turn on the radio (positive, encouraging K-LOVE), open my closet doors, and spend an hour or so immersed in everything fashion...trying different outfit combinations, purging, organizing, de-pilling, taking pics, etc.  I escape from the cares of the world for awhile and think about fashion instead...trying to be creative and think outside my norm.  Call me crazy...it won't bother me at all.  Thought I'd share some of those pics and thoughts here.

I recently ordered these smocked (front and back) elbow length tees from Open Edit, an apparently new Nordstrom in-house brand, and love them.  

Looking at the pic on N's website, I hesitated because this fit and flare shape has the potential to look like maternity wear on my apple shape, but, once I figured out my size...I went with medium rather than small for a more relaxed tee fit...they ended up being my favorite B&M purchase of the summer.  

I hope they restock with more colors.

I kept the gray and black...the white went back 'cuz I have enough summer white tops already!

20210801_145609.jpg

20210809_151812.jpg

20210801_150215.jpg

Talk to me about tees.  Do you like just a traditional crew neck tee, or do you look for some special detail?  Do you have any tees with sentimental value...a favorite band/tour tee, for example?  Do you wear tees around town or at home only?  Yay or nay on the Open Edit smocked tees?

I saw a thread here a few weeks ago asking "how many" of a certain item you have in your closet, and it was an eye-opener for me when some posters said they had dozens of tees!   For summer, I have these two that I wear out and about, and three other tees from the beach that I only wear at home.  For cooler weather, I have two long sleeved beach tees for home.  

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pg 2 9/4/21: Tees with a little pizzazz...

Congrats on a great find, the style looks great on you.  It's an elevated tee you can wear almost anywhere these days. With a different pant or skirt and different jewelry it's a whole new look.

I'm a tee shirt gal.  I wear them everywhere.  I must have 50 or 100 and I still have pelnty of other tops to wear but I always reach for a T shirt.   I like longer, slightly fitted tees with a neckline that's somewhere.between a crew and a scoop.  And it must be mostly or all cotton. Mine are mostly black and other solid colors although I have 2 band tee shirts, The Who and Pink Floyd.

Super Contributor

Thanks @decaf   You gave me an idea...I have an old Louis DelOlio black pencil skirt from his Leisure line, and I'm going to try the gray Edit with it.  My tee collection is downright puny compared to yours haha!  The Edits are 100% organic cotton...as comfy and soft as a tee should be.  I'd wear a Pink Floyd tee...one of my all time favorite bands. 

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF   I hope you'll post a photo If you like the way it looks with a skirt. 

I just prefer tees and knit tops.  Most wovens are polyester now and they're too hot for Florida from April - December.  I also don't put my tees in the dryer,  I wash them inside out and hang them to dry.  Maybe you'll become a t shirt collector too!

Respected Contributor

Re: Pg 2 9/4/21: Tees with a little pizazz...

I have always been a tee shirt girl when not at work.  Loved the old Banana Republic all cotton tees with African animals or any animal on them.  I probably have 15 tees with dogs of all types and I collected Hard Rock tees from all the cities I visited for work.  I volunteered with a no kill dog rescue and shelter so I had ample opportunity to wear tees while visiting and feeding them.  Tees are my staple while working in the pasture or horse barn.  We also volunteered manning water and snack stations for the bike riders for the Assualt on Mt. Mitchell (for like 15 years at least) and got a tee each year with that year's logo.  I don't know how many tees I have, but it's a lot.   I also wear them under flannel shirts or denim shirts or jackets.  I prefer relaxed tees but have some fitted tees too.  All types of necklines and different sleeve lengths.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Love the smocking!!

I'm always on the lookout for pizzazz in tees! Just don't favor crew neck, or anything too long or boxy.

I'm fussy, too, in the weight & content of the material.

Last but not least, color.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the sleeve length on those; the perfect length for me.  I mostly wear t-shirts; have no idea how many I have.

They look great on you.

Respected Contributor

Those tees look cute on you!   I wear a lot of tees but I do like ones with a little pizazz (maybe a subtle puff sleeve or other detail).  Crew necks don’t flatter me so I stick with v-necks or scoop necks. 

Super Contributor

@MacDuFF wrote:
I recently ordered these smocked (front and back) elbow length tees from Open Edit, an apparently new Nordstrom in-house brand, and love them.  

Looking at the pic on N's website, I hesitated because this fit and flare shape has the potential to look like maternity wear on my apple shape, but, once I figured out my size...I went with medium rather than small for a more relaxed tee fit...they ended up being my favorite B&M purchase of the summer.  

I hope they restock with more colors.

I kept the gray and black...the white went back 'cuz I have enough summer white tops already!

20210809_151812.jpg

Talk to me about tees.  Do you like just a traditional crew neck tee, or do you look for some special detail?  Do you have any tees with sentimental value...a favorite band/tour tee, for example?  Do you wear tees around town or at home only?  Yay or nay on the Open Edit smocked tees?

I saw a thread here a few weeks ago asking "how many" of a certain item you have in your closet, and it was an eye-opener for me when some posters said they had dozens of tees!   For summer, I have these two that I wear out and about, and three other tees from the beach that I only wear at home.  For cooler weather, I have two long sleeved beach tees for home.  

Love this smocked T on you! Really liked the gray.  I liked it enough to check out the website ... but alas, only black left in  xxs and xs, which most definitely won't work for me 🙁!

Super Contributor

@decaf   I tried the gray with the LDO pencil skirt and [insert discordant game show "wrong answer" buzzer sound here].  Just...
  Image result for emoticon shaking head no 

I think I'm going to wash these inside out and hang dry, too.

Me start a collection...of anything...again? After my year-long epic closet purge!?  Bite your tongue, woman!  ;)   I can see where someone would collect tees or jeans or handbags, but I've yet to figure why I bought so many socks, just as a small example of my previous collections.  I'm not a strict minimalist...I'm always amazed at those articles "My 10 Piece Capsule Wardrobe for Summer"...but I've definitely embraced the less is more philosophy when it comes to fashion.

I counted everything that could even remotely be called a top in my closet today...blouses, shirts, jackets, vests, sweaters, tanks, shawls, ponchos, and base layers.  I have approximately 105 total.  Call it 110 'cuz I guestimated how many winter items are stored under the bed.  Wow, maybe I'm more of a minimalist than I think!

@Jk9    My sister had a tee with an artistic giraffe drawing on it...I coveted that thing and plotted any manner of nefarious ways to get my hands on it!  You'd be totally bored with my tees haha.

@racada    Darn it!  I'm going to stalk it for a few months 'cuz I'd love another color or two (but not three haha).

Wear your tees in good health y'all.