Honored Contributor

Petites and longer tops

[ Edited ]

I was so pleased when I saw @Andreatoo wearing a longer tunic style top, and how nice it looked on her

I had ordered one of Martha Stewart's shirts that was longer in the back and quite full, I wondered if I had made a mistake. After seeing how nice @Andreatoo looked in hers, I felt a bit more hopeful , that I hadn't made a mistake

I did size down ,so it fit me correctly though the shoulders and bust area. It then flowed out, quite fully ,from the body. Some people might not like the look. I wasn't sure I would like it on me until I saw @Andreatoo in her tunic top

I tried the top on ,and asked my husband what he thought. He actually liked it on me.

I got it in 2 different sizes, because I wasn't sure how it would hang on me. I went down one size, but bought 2 identical tops, in 2  different sizes. I think I will give the smaller one to my daughter ,if she likes it.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I was so pleased when I saw @Andreatoo wearing a loner tunic style top, and how nice it looked on her

I had ordered one of Martha Stewart's ******s that was longer in the back and quite full, I wondered if I had made a mistake. After seeing how nice @Andreatoo looked in hers, I felt a bit more hopeful , that I hadn't made a mistake

I did size down ,so it fit me correctly though the shoulders and bust area. It then flowed out, quite fully ,from the body. Some people might not like the look. I wasn't sure I would like it on me until I saw @Andreatoo in her tunic top

I tried the top on ,and asked my husband what he thought. He actually liked it on me.

I got it in 2 different sizes, because I wasn't sure how it would hang on me. I went down one size, but bought 2 identical tops, in 2  different sizes. I think I will give the smaller one to my daughter ,if she likes it.

@cherry@That is very nice for you to give a review and so positive, plus kudos to @Andreatoo for the visual encouragement.  She has done a fine job of showing us how things look on her and by giving us a description of her actual physical size and height.  

Honored Contributor

BTW I ordered as is, and it came packaged like a brand new product. I don't think it was ever taken out of the plastic bag

It certainly didn't look refolded or smudged at all. It was crisp and clean

Honored Contributor

@cherry

Thank you! I'm thrilled that I inspired you to try something out of your comfort zone! It's not so much about the height but about the proportion and the body shape. I like things fitted because if it's boxy it'll make me look heavy since I have T and A! LOL

You hear a lot of negativity around here about a high low or a shark bite but I like it because it exposes the full extension of my legs. otherwise, depending on where it hits, it can make you look shorter

Respected Contributor

@cherry @Andreatoo What a nice post. Was it the cute shirt that Martha wore on air ? It was white and fresh looking. Either of you have the item # or Andrea's post of it ? I'd like to see it. I do not iron, fyi....just in case.

TIA

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite  Andreas top is on her fashion thread . I can't recall the name of the thread but she models her clothes. It was a greenish color

I bought Martha Stewart's Cotton poplin  top which is longer in the back than it is in the front. I got it in optic  white ,but it comes in several colors

Her poplin shirts are wash and wear. They come out of the dryer ready to wear. Even when I opened the package, and hung the shirt on a hanger the creases just started to disappear. I hate to iron and always look for tops that will not need it. It has some spandex in  it, which I like. It just gives a crisper hand to the fabric.

I went down 1  size ,because her  tops seem to have ample room. I actually bought  2 of the tops. One was 2 sizes smaller, because I thought  it might be a better fit. The one side smaller fits fine, so when the 2 size smaller top comes, I will give it to my daughter.

@Andreatoo  that top was very slimming on, you as well as making you look taller.  It's a good silhouette for you