Trusted Contributor

Re: Petite vs. Regular vs. Tall

For me the hip size was smaller in the petite, it was a 49 in the 1X Petite but 50 in the XL, now this was the SG today's special pants.  It is best to read, read, read the measurements, not just the sweep, or the rise, but ALL the measurements.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I am not 100% sure, but I think that most of QVC's petite items are simply shorter.  They are not proportioned differently in any other aspect.   That is what Jeanne BIce meant about Quacker Factory pants. They are not proportioned all over differently,  just shorter length.

@PhilaLady1  Wrong!  Except for the Jeanne BIce shorts, all the Q pants are shorter through the rise as well as the length.

I beg to differ.  JB short pants have the same rise as regular.  There is "no short size" in the clothing business  just "short in the length". I wear a petite and her short size pant waist comes up to my rib cage.  

@BaileyBop   I believe that's what I said; except for JB's short pant length, all petites are shorter in the rise.   Hers just have short leg length.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I just wish they could decide on what inseam length is appropriate for a petite.

I've seen petite full length pants (not ankle pants) range from 26 inches to 29 inches.  For me, petites need to be 27 1/2 to 28 inches in the inseam.  Prefer the 27 to 27 1/2 length myself.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I am not 100% sure, but I think that most of QVC's petite items are simply shorter.  They are not proportioned differently in any other aspect.   That is what Jeanne BIce meant about Quacker Factory pants. They are not proportioned all over differently,  just shorter length.

@PhilaLady1  Wrong!  Except for the Jeanne BIce shorts, all the Q pants are shorter through the rise as well as the length.

Yes, and I've heard Gary say that the few petite tops offered by D&Co are not just shorter in length -- they are adjusted in other areas as well (sleeve length, for example).

That's one line.

I don't agree that using the term petite automatically means adjusted through the rise as well as the length.   At one time, yes, it was an accurate assumption but not now.

And certainly not on QVC

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

That's one line.

I don't agree that using the term petite automatically means adjusted through the rise as well as the length.   At one time, yes, it was an accurate assumption but not now.

And certainly not on QVC

@software  I have found all of the Q's petites to be markedly shorter in the rise.  I've sampled dozens of pairs and they are consistently adjusted to be shorter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Every pair of pants I look at I have to decide if I want to take the time to cut off and hem the pants!

I'm around 5'4"  tall.  I'm long waisted so I can wear petite sometimes but regular fits my body better.

I am so freaking tall of cutting off as much as 3 1/2 to 4" from pants and then hem them....over and over.

I don't have to do that with any of Jeanne Bice's pants.  As we all know they're called SHORT.  

They fit perfectly.  I'll bet you there are a lot of people who wear short NOT Petite.

If Jeanne Bice got it, why don't other manufacturers understand this?

I'm sitting here watching Isaac's show.  I have all of his 24/7 pants.  All of them...even the one's with designs.  They're all sizes (I don't like tight pants).

I wish I had the kind of money I'd get paid for the man hours .....wait...I mean woman hours I've spent cutting and hemming the pants.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

@jonbonwrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

@PhilaLady1wrote:

Yes, and I've heard Gary say that the few petite tops offered by D&Co are not just shorter in length -- they are adjusted in other areas as well (sleeve length, for example).

That's one line.

And certainly not on QVC

I think I've also heard Susan Graver say that her petites are true petites, not just shorter in length. I haven't bought any of her clothes to see if that's true or not, though. 

Honored Contributor

I'll shorten pants myself if they are a woven fabric - but I don't like sewing knits.  They go to the tailor.  And, since it's $15 to hem the pants - that means I'm not willing to pay full price for the pants.  

I prefer a 29"  inseam and only one instance did I buy two pairs of "petite" pants that the rise was a bit short.  It was two pairs of C Wonder flare leg - 28" inseam

They had a Hollywood style waist .. and the fold-over at the waist was just tacked down in a few places, so I was able to open up the stitches and increase the rise by about 2" .... more than enough for a comfortable fit.  

Some other C Wonder pants in the exact same size, but diff. style and fabric, and 28" inseam.  Length and rise were fine.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Every pair of pants I look at I have to decide if I want to take the time to cut off and hem the pants!

I'm around 5'4"  tall.  I'm long waisted so I can wear petite sometimes but regular fits my body better.

I am so freaking tall of cutting off as much as 3 1/2 to 4" from pants and then hem them....over and over.

I don't have to do that with any of Jeanne Bice's pants.  As we all know they're called SHORT.  

They fit perfectly.  I'll bet you there are a lot of people who wear short NOT Petite.

If Jeanne Bice got it, why don't other manufacturers understand this?

I'm sitting here watching Isaac's show.  I have all of his 24/7 pants.  All of them...even the one's with designs.  They're all sizes (I don't like tight pants).

I wish I had the kind of money I'd get paid for the man hours .....wait...I mean woman hours I've spent cutting and hemming the pants.

I am tired of hemming pants too.  And after getting almost all of my pants hemmed recently I have decided that the length must be the perfect length for me or I will not even purchase them anymore. I need 28" or 29" inseams.  Linea Knit Pull on Slim Ankle Pants are my go to summer pants (A265615).

Esteemed Contributor

To me, "ankle pants" have been a Godsend!  They are regular sizing in the rise and hips, but shorter in the length.  The shorter length of ankle pants usually falls to the top of my heels, which is perfect for me.  Like Jeanne Bice said, I'm not petite, I'm short.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt