Regular Contributor

I wish the hosts and even some of the designers would stop telling viewers that you can buy any of these sizes.  They are not interchangeable!   Petites are cut smaller overall---armholes, bust, length, leg opening, etc. and talls are cut larger in the same areas.  Unless a designer is truly involved in all aspects of production,  he/she probably wouldn't know the difference.  Isn't it Jeanne Bice who said, "I'm not petite, I'm short."

Honored Contributor

Re: Petite vs. Regular vs. Tall

Yes Jeanne Bice used to say all the time she wasn't petite she was short. That is why her line does a short inseam, not petite.  But I don't believe that talls are "bigger" so to speak.  I believe the inseam is longer and the rise is different.  QVC doesn't do tall tops or dresses.  

I also thought QVC's petite tops and dresses were just shorter in length.  I didn't realize they adjusted the armholes, etc?

I am 5'4" and many times if I want to wear a heel, I need a long inseam.  I cannot wear a tall because the rise doesn't work for me.  I never need a petite.

It also bugs me that QVC often does a tall pant in a 32" inseam.  That is not tall. 

Respected Contributor

I am not 100% sure, but I think that most of QVC's petite items are simply shorter.  They are not proportioned differently in any other aspect.   That is what Jeanne BIce meant about Quacker Factory pants. They are not proportioned all over differently,  just shorter length.

Honored Contributor

@Katrinka23 wrote:

I wish the hosts and even some of the designers would stop telling viewers that you can buy any of these sizes.  They are not interchangeable!   Petites are cut smaller overall---armholes, bust, length, leg opening, etc. and talls are cut larger in the same areas.  Unless a designer is truly involved in all aspects of production,  he/she probably wouldn't know the difference.  Isn't it Jeanne Bice who said, "I'm not petite, I'm short."

Yup............a petite size is usually ½ size smaller overall than its "regular" corresponding number.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I am not 100% sure, but I think that most of QVC's petite items are simply shorter.  They are not proportioned differently in any other aspect.   That is what Jeanne BIce meant about Quacker Factory pants. They are not proportioned all over differently,  just shorter length.

@PhilaLady1  Wrong!  Except for the Jeanne BIce shorts, all the Q pants are shorter through the rise as well as the length.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Well, that's good to know because I am a shortie.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@PhilaLady1  Wrong!  Except for the Jeanne BIce shorts, all the Q pants are shorter through the rise as well as the length.

Yes, and I've heard Gary say that the few petite tops offered by D&Co are not just shorter in length -- they are adjusted in other areas as well (sleeve length, for example).

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I beg to differ.  JB short pants have the same rise as regular.  There is "no short size" in the clothing business  just "short in the length". I wear a petite and her short size pant waist comes up to my rib cage.  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, somewhere designers decided that "tall" was code for "crotch that hangs halfway down the legs". 

Joy.

Trusted Contributor

The original poster is bring up an excellent point, that is why I pay little attention to what the hosts/vendors say, I try and always rely more on the measurements.  If you read the rmeasurements you will see that YES, some of the petites are INDEED smaller in the hips so you MIGHT have to adjust your side and order a larger size in the petitle arena.  For example, the most recent SG today's special Pants, I order the 1X in petite, but can get the XL in the regular size.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!