Honored Contributor

Re: Petite sized tops would be nice

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

I pretty much stopped buying tops from QVC. The tops are too long on me. When they offer petite length it is usually on tunics which I do not wear. When I see a host who is petite wearing the tops she is selling they always look like short dresses on her. I do not believe she would wear that look in her real life. 

@Janey2   Besides being too long, if there's a v neck or scoop neck, my entire bra shows. They're much too low unless a petite.

@Shanus 

That's my problem too. I sew and can easily shorten a top, but I can't do anything about those necklines.  I need a petite top and regular pants because I need that longer crotch length.  Then I have to shorten the legs.  The only pants that fit me off the rack are the ones labeled "short."

@shoesnbags   The same issue here with pants. I can purchase reg. capris which are a bit longer than ankle length on me. No hem required, but they are not available in fall/winter pants. Since I mostly wear jeans all year, in spring/summer, I purchase capri length jeans. BTW, Banana Republic sells slacks in short. That's where I purchase pants that aren't jeans. 

Super Contributor

Petite tops would be great especially tunic tops. A shorter person cannot wear a shirt that is as long as an average tunic top is. Even many regular button down tops are too long. I am 5’3” which is in the upper range of petite but too short for most average blouses and tunics. Very disappointing.
Super Contributor

Petites all around have become more difficult. It seems that the length of petite pants varies depending upon where you shop. I used to wear petite in certain QVC brands but no longer. I guess I must have grown because their petite brands are now too short! With the mail being so slow it makes exchanges hardly worth while. I hesitate to order from QVC anymore because of that.
Honored Contributor

I'm 5'9" and find that I prefer the look of petite tops on me. It hits me shorter and flatters my figure.

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

@SaggingGal  I agree, I have tried to order but just ended up sending the tops back.  Once I messaged Kim Gravel and who ever was answering the chat said they don't plan to make petite tops.  Too bad, I will spend my money elsewhere.

It is what it is!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it is almost impossible to find tops since "tunics" became so popular. A tunic is just a dress on me with sleeves that cover my hands, and I am 5'4"....I need a 25 or 26 inch length top, not a tshirt, at the longest. Getting harder to find. If I see a top I like and it's called a tunic, I just keep scrolling. Much smaller scale prints and shorter length tops would get my attention. 

Honored Contributor

You won't get many tops from QVC that are shorter then 25".  You just don't.  QVC brings clothing that cover certain parts of the body.  Buttock, knees and upper arms, specifically.  They figure no one will notice if it's covered.  Mall stores offer shorter tops.  So certain designers offer these long tops and tunics.  Such as Susan Graver, Isaac, & Denim & Co. There are other shorter tops (lately, I've noticed)  Barefoot Dreams. Laurie Felt, Candace, etc.  Some of Kim's tops are shorter then 25".