Regular Contributor

Petite sized tops would be nice

Pants are offered in petite much more frequently than tops. I know that is why Talbots, J.Jill, Nordstrom's, get my repeat business. For some reason torso sizes are rarely considered on QVC. It is a one- size-fits-all as to body type. Typically a petite length pant would accompany a petite length top on a petite person. Tops today on Susan Graver would look like short dresses on me. And cardigans like bathrobes. Most models are 5'9". Why the hesitancy to expand offerings into petite sizes for all clothing? QVC might even increase sales and audience size.
Honored Contributor

Re: Petite sized tops would be nice

@SaggingGal 

I agree. At 5'2 myself and all legs I don't need petite bottoms but I sure do need petite tops!

they do sell them on occasion but not as often as the pants/jeans.

Respected Contributor

I pretty much stopped buying tops from QVC. The tops are too long on me. When they offer petite length it is usually on tunics which I do not wear. When I see a host who is petite wearing the tops she is selling they always look like short dresses on her. I do not believe she would wear that look in her real life. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree - more petite tops! 

I have also noticed that when QVC does finally offer petite lengths in tops, it's often with a tunic.  So that the petite tunic length is 26" (the normal length of their tops)!  That does not help us petites.

That's why I like Candance Cameron Bure's line.  Her shirts run shorter (but good luck getting them in the smaller sizes! 

Esteemed Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

I agree - more petite tops! 

I have also noticed that when QVC does finally offer petite lengths in tops, it's often with a tunic.  So that the petite tunic length is 26" (the normal length of their tops)!  That does not help us petites.

That's why I like Candance Cameron Bure's line.  Her shirts run shorter (but good luck getting them in the smaller sizes! 

I also like Candance's line because she offers tops in a shorter length.

QVC's tops which usually start at 26" are too long for me and when they say it will look good on petites, I disagree.

Valued Contributor

I agree with petite tops...I have found a few that work on my body but most of the time I have to find them some where else.  I get quite a few of my petites tops from Bealls and Kohls in the Tampa area.  I have also found them on Christopher and Banks which has now partnered with the other shopping channel.  Would be nice to see real petite tops on the Q

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I pretty much stopped buying tops from QVC. The tops are too long on me. When they offer petite length it is usually on tunics which I do not wear. When I see a host who is petite wearing the tops she is selling they always look like short dresses on her. I do not believe she would wear that look in her real life. 

@Janey2   Besides being too long, if there's a v neck or scoop neck, my entire bra shows. They're much too low unless a petite.

Trusted Contributor

Hear, hear! I am only 5 feet tall and I am begging QVC to make more petite tops, jackets, dresses ect.

I saw a lovely OTO dress this morning on Denim & Co. that I would love to order, but couldn't because it was not offered in Petites! Listen to us QVC you are losing out on business.

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly often QVC's idea of petite is pants  28 1/2 inches in length (heard this morning) and especially D& Co who offers petite pants NEVER seems to adjust the rise (crotch areas) to a petite size....always hangs down a bit.....AND when they offer a top in petite size in D&C and SG it is always just between 1-2 inches shorter....not enough......

got tired of having to get things hemmed.................Kohls and Macys  getting alot of my business

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@Janey2   Besides being too long, if there's a v neck or scoop neck, my entire bra shows. They're much too low unless a petite.

@Shanus 

That's my problem too. I sew and can easily shorten a top, but I can't do anything about those necklines.  I need a petite top and regular pants because I need that longer crotch length.  Then I have to shorten the legs.  The only pants that fit me off the rack are the ones labeled "short."

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett