Honored Contributor

For petites, I’ll add Banana Republic and Nordstrom.

Honored Contributor

@disneynut57 wrote:

Kohls also has a petite section. Albeit small section.

I feel that in these tunics I just look matronly and they are boxy.  I am also over high low tops/dresses.

@disneynut57   All tops the last several years have been long and boxy...even in petites. 

Regular Contributor

I agree with all of you ladies!  I really hate it when they say this will work on a petite and it's already almost at the knee of a model who is 5'9.  I would love to order some of Kim's tops but they are just too long and I'm not paying to get them altered.  I shop mainly at Christopher & Banks and Kohl's.  I will have to try Old Navy I didn't realize they have petite's. I do feel sory for the tall ladies because you never see a tall department and a lot of stores are getting rid of the petite department.  I have noticed in Kohl's ads recently that a lot of the petite items are available online only.  Why should I have to pay shipping for something that almost anyone else can walk in the store and pick up off the rack. 

It is what it is!!!
Valued Contributor

@author wrote:

The irony for me is that the designers add unnecessary inches to the sleeve length as the size goes up. 

They also do that to the length of a garment. It's one of my all time biggest complaints. I am a Plus size, but Petite. Usually the garment length at a regular length would be a bit too long anyway but then when they add on the length for the plus sizes...2-3 inches always, I can't buy it. Why does QVC assume that because we are Plus we are tall???

Valued Contributor

I don't think it's the designer's, I think it is a QVC demand of them

Respected Contributor

Not only does Old Navy carry petites but most everything comes in petites including their activewear, which is hard to find in petite.  I love that, and I bought a lot of stuff recently.  

Honored Contributor

It is my understanding the buyers are the ones who decide if the petite sizing is made available. The designers are indeed designing for the 5ft8 model, but certainly want to make the clothing available for the rest of us, they all want to make money. If the buyers are dumb enough to let that huge petite market slip through their fingers, the Q needs to get new buyers.