Honored Contributor

Re: Petite ladies - bell sleeves?

wrote:

I’m not petite but have short arms, so any long sleeve is a problem. Bell sleeves are definitely a no-no for me.

I have a robe with wide, floppy sleeves and they are a nuisance.  Always getting wet when I am doing stuff.

Occasionally, something starts happening with my computer...the screen is showing lots of stuff running across it.  I have learned by now, it is my robe's sleeve on the keyboard typing away, some crazy nonsensical stuff.  ;-)

Respected Contributor

No, thanks.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

I live in Minnesota, and wear a coat or a jacket 6 months of the year.  Bell sleeves are not practical for me.

Honored Contributor

I like them. I think they're lovely.

While the getting in the way thing must seem like an insurmountable obstacle with no cure there is a little trick you can employ. Push them out of the way! 

If you don't find them attractive then that's an entirely different matter altogether

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I like them. I think they're lovely.

While the getting in the way thing must seem like an insurmountable obstacle with no cure there is a little trick you can employ. Push them out of the way! 

If you don't find them attractive then that's an entirely different matter altogether

@Andreatoo I think they are lovely too.  I have several, guess what - they don't flop around in what I'm eating (I must be very lucky that way).  I do a lot of computer work, and they don't get in the way.  I have pushed them up once or twice for whatever reason - no different than cuffing up a long sleeve blouse. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am 5 feet tall and the bell sleeve is my go-to blouse.  Love them.  And I get compliments and love wearing them.  I guess everyone is different.  The only problem is if I am not careful  I don't check the total measurement and I have to be ever so careful when I am at a buffet table.  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 @bonnielu

And I'm baffled at what being petite has to do with it anyway!? Unless of course you've got little dinosaur arms or gator limbs then I don't see the problem! LOL

Trusted Contributor

@FranandZoeI think thats the key to wearing the bell sleeves.  I also am petite and have learned just to buy clothes that come in petite sizing.  Regular sizing in tops or bottoms just don't look right on my frame.  I don't care how cute it may be, if it doesn't come in petite sizing, I just don't buy.