Occasional Contributor

Petite Frustration with Length of Tops

I love Quacker Factory short DreamJeans but what is it with the tops? They are getting longer and longer. I size down to a XS even though I am a 38C bust BUT as a petite I have to have a shirt that is no longer than 25 1/2 or 26" long. I no longer buy the shirts because they run way too big and I love the designs. I also like the 2 piece sets when they are offered in petite.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Petite Frustration with Length of Tops

There are a lot of tops that I pass on, across all brands. Not only the length, but when I look at the models and see where the sleeves hit on them, I KNOW it'll cover my fingers. I'm almost limited to 3/4 sleeve tops.

Honored Contributor

QVC designers have become obsessed with covering ladies' bums. That might be great for average-tall women, but it means those shirts all come closer to my knees than my rear end.

QVC designers must realize that if they're going to insist on longer shirts, they either need to carry petite sizes or face losing petite customers. I think they've chosen the later.

Occasional Contributor

Denim and Co. lost me a long time ago for that same reason.

Now I buy from Landsend where I can also take advantage of free shipping offers.

Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

QVC designers have become obsessed with covering ladies' bums. That might be great for average-tall women, but it means those shirts all come closer to my knees than my rear end.

QVC designers must realize that if they're going to insist on longer shirts, they either need to carry petite sizes or face losing petite customers. I think they've chosen the later.

AGREEAGREEAGREE! I cannot buy ANY of the longer cute tops because they will look like a dress on me.

Frequent Contributor

Good luck trying to get anyone to listen to your request. I have mentioned this before...even if they would make more 24 inch tops. That is the first thing I look at when I see a top I like. Not everyone is obsessed with trying to cover their posterior...some of us would just like to look like something other than a bag lady.